Meet Midge - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #1

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1989 Scamp
Oregon
Meet Midge

Well I finally got the pics....

We ahve cleaned her. These are pre-cleaning pics...what a difference after the cleaning. (Donna...my dirt is so much better than their dirt!!)

We have already removed the stove hood. So I know I need to locate a small window for the vent. We have to replace the water tank and much of the molded trim and reseal the door. We finally got the tail lights to work again, but need to do more to the running lights. The PO screwed both the ceiling vents to the roof so they dont open...no cooking inside for now...But we are making progress. The rat fur is DIRTY...but I scrubbed it with Woolite, that helped alot....but it needs to be professionally cleaned or replaced...ideas?

We found some leaks...eek...but they are small. We decided that this year we are going to make her livable....like a rolling tent...and then fix the floor and redo the cabinets etc over the next year or so...new interior lights, stove, sink and fridge.......etc etc.

Most of what we want to do we will able to remove and reinstall when she gets fixed up for real...but I really want to go out!!!!

Any advice, tips, anything you see in my pics that are easy.....let me know.
jheafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #2

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1989 Scamp
Oregon
Here are the pics
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7008.jpg   IMG_7009.jpg  

IMG_7010.jpg   IMG_7011.jpg  

jheafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Looking forward to seeing your progress photos!! I have seen the table refinished in bright colors (and the drawers, doors etc.). That makes a big difference. You can also change out all the drawer/door knobs to go with your new look. The ratfir walls will allow you to 'hang' lightweight photos on them.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Congrat's on your purchase, as far as the rat fur, I would think you could treat it like I did my Casita carpet. I took a carpet cleaner to it just useing the upholstery attachement. My carpet probably wasn't as dirty (my trailer was only a year old when I bought it), but I like my dirt better than the previous owners dirt so I took the chance. It came out beautiful. Give it a whirl. On the bad area's that are grimmmmmmmy, I would use a lil amonia and water on a sponge to pre-treat. Take pic's along the way...... Get out there and have some fun.....................
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:54 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Looking good! IMHO, you are smart to use the trailer before starting to make a bunch of changes. Your camping style and needs will dictate what's needed, rather than perhaps what others have done.

Yeah, Robin's right... upholstery attachment, just don't soak the rat fur and have a wet/dry vac standing by to remove excess water, otherwise it may take days to dry out and that could lead to mold problems.

Thanks for sharing the pics
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #6

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
very nice,,,looks like your ready to hit the road with it. no reason not to use it while you work to make it your special baby
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #7

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
Congrats on Midge. Very cute. It is so fun fixing these campers up. I am kinda sad the majority of our fixing is done. Hmmmm maybe I shoud start pestering Ed again to see if he would sell me one of his others. Not really Ed, don't be afraid.
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #8

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoss View Post
Congrats on Midge. Very cute. It is so fun fixing these campers up. I am kinda sad the majority of our fixing is done. Hmmmm maybe I shoud start pestering Ed again to see if he would sell me one of his others. Not really Ed, don't be afraid.
Don't worry, Shelly, there's always something to enhance, change or fix in your future!
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #9

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Gee Shelly, maybe you could start your own refurn/decorate service for those less talented, lol
Old 04-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #10

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
um, probably not enough people with my love for PINK! LOL Plus, it doesn't take much talent to fix things up like we have. But that would be fun. I love looking at the pics of everyones interiors and seeing how they decorated or what they used for storage. It's my favorite part of the forum!
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp