Memory Foam - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #15
Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Hi Ed,
I looked at your pictures too. Very nice job on the bed and table. And I like the bar going between the upper cabinet and closet. Great idea for privacy.

I also love the awning set-up! Can you provide a few more details on it? Did Pat sew it? How is it attached to the trailer, and how do you achieve the arch in the top? Tent poles?
Thanks in advance,

Lil M.
“When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” ― John Muir
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #16
Name: Austin
Trailer: 2003 13' Scamp Deluxe
Hey Everyone-

Thanks again for all the neat ideas! We found a 2" (4 lb) queen size memory foam mattress on and ordered it for the Scamp. Since we have the 54" bed, we will round the corners a bit and we're good to go. Austin is confident he can roll it up real tight for storage.... we're also planning on copying Floyd's dinette mod (floyd's Trailer :: Eggy-Sue (the pull-it surprize)) which will give us a neat little cubby to store the topper and possibly other bedding. I'll post pics once we get everything together.

Again- thanks for sharing your ideas and knowledge!

ajn81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #17
Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
We're one step ahead of you and hope to be able to answer the questions you raise for ourselves also.

We've bought some 1 1/2" (Walmart) memory foam and cut it to shape. Our thinking is that we will sew up some sheet/slipcovers for it so that it can be unrolled at night and the bottom sheet will be already to go.

The bare foam seems to roll up and compress quite a lot so it doesn't look like it'll be a problem to store but I hope to know that answer sooner than later as we havn't yet spent a night in the trailer.

you know,,,an idea to go along with the sheet thing,,,,sew two or three cloth tapes along the edge so you have built in tie straps. roller up,,tie er up,,and stow it.
no searching for loose straps that way.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #18
Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
won't use an air mattress agian, they work good, but i have woke up too many times in the middle of the night feeling deflated,,,if you get my drift.
i think we will use the 1.5 inch thick memory foam cut to fit. make a cover out of fleece sheets. with tie up straps sewn to the ends.
this will be topped with a quilt to lay on and a nice blanket thickness right for the weather.
since most of the time we will leave the bed made up. i won't need to fuss with it much. when we do need a table. i will roll up the pad and covers, and put them in the back seat of the liberty.if we are at the table we probably won't need the back seat anyway.

wait....we been married 40 years,,,,i can't remember what we needed that back seat for in the first place.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #19
Name: Ed / Pat (female)
Trailer: 13' Scamp, Std. Edition
LiL M, I just saw your response to the foam mattress thread and want you to know I'm not snubbing you, as to the canopy it is attached to the camper via three (3) SS u-bolts in the roof and corresponding velcro tabs on canopy. Pat sewed the canopy using uv grade material from hancock fabric, it is 8' sq. and we used five sets of fbglass tent poles from walmart to make the cross supports and front & back stiffeners, the metal uprights came from wally world also.
I do have a number of pictures showing the u-bolts. fbglass cross poles and assembly if you would care to see them, I could post them somewhere (?) or send to you........Ed

ednpat3 is offline   Reply With Quote