memory foam mattress - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-22-2016, 07:08 AM   #15

Name: Steven
Trailer: Casita SD 2013
NW Wisconsin
The Original Mattress Factory will make a foam mattress to any size you want . A friend just took his cushions into them and they made a pattern and cut the foam mattress and mattress cover to match the pattern.
Cost was around $400 , not cheap but it fit perfectly .

Old 07-22-2016, 08:12 AM   #16

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
I forgot to mention that we bought a Queen mattress and cut it into the two (narrow) twin mattresses for out Scamp.
If I had to do it over I would make the beds 30" instead of 28" and think more on how to get storages boxes under the street side one.
The driver's side is given over to the utilities like battery, Fresh water, Power, Hose reels etc.
The kitchen cabinets on the drivers side give a little longer bunk on this side.
The 24" refrigerator cabinet takes up a little more space on the other side so that bunk is 2" shorter. (my side of course)

Old 07-22-2016, 01:58 PM   #17

Name: John
Trailer: 2000 16ft Scamp
Minnesota
As a follow up...I followed Mary and Bobs advice and checked into folks at Southern Mattress. They have a mattress that is custom made for 16 ft Scamps that is 75" x 45" with one side curved to fit 5 1/2" thick. Delivered to MN it is $762.08. They say everyone really likes them.
John
Old 07-22-2016, 03:20 PM   #18

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... We had a queen memo-foam mattress in our first 5.0 Escape. I'm sure it had an effect on my memory!!! I had a photographic memory... but my film card seems full!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 07-22-2016, 06:18 PM   #19

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowwing View Post
As a follow up...I followed Mary and Bobs advice and checked into folks at Southern Mattress. They have a mattress that is custom made for 16 ft Scamps that is 75" x 45" with one side curved to fit 5 1/2" thick. Delivered to MN it is $762.08. They say everyone really likes them.
John
The lady at Southern Mattress was so nice to deal with. We ordered it on a Monday, Tuesday she called and said it was done and would be shipped that day. Got it on Thursday. Had it shipped to a friends business so saved $100 by doing that. We bought it for our Casita SD, total with shipping to upstate NY was about $740. LOL, we have not slept on it yet, but it looks and feels good. The last two years we have slept in the Casita on 3" memory foam over the original cushions. The PO of our trailer had put it all in a futon mattress cover. We cut down that memory foam and cover and put it on a piece of 5" foam that was in our Uhaul. The Uhaul doesn't get used enough to justify the expense of a custom made mattress.