Moisture under cushions? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #15
Trailer: U-Haul
Dri-Z-Air is simply calcium cloride and no need to buy the expensive (relative to weight/quanity in each bag) proprietary bags. It can be had quite inexpensively in fairly large tubs. I use it in my trailer, my printshop, my boat and in our steel shipping container (20 fter). Used to melt ice and often goes on sale about this time of the year...about the time of last snow so it depends upon the region.
Calcium chloride - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Useful stuff, it is dissolved in water and used in tractor tires to increase weight and lower the center of gravity. Lots of industrial uses and so it can be had fairly inexpensively if one knows where to look.

Hope this helps,
David A.L.

Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I purchase it locally (Bi-Mart) but it's also available at the big box stores, this is from Amazon so you'll know what to look for: Dri-Z-Air Unit, Moisture ABSORBER, Removes Moisture from The Interiors#

I get a bag of crystals on sale for 99 cents and go through 2-3 bags a year.

I like the fact it's a passive system. Make CERTAIN you put the canister in a plastic tub... the crystals are corrosive and will pit a SS sink.

David A. L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #16
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Originally Posted by David A. L. View Post
Dri-Z-Air is simply calcium cloride and no need to buy the expensive (relative to weight/quanity in each bag) proprietary bags.
Somehow, in the grand scheme of things, I don't think $3 a year is too terribly expensive for my application. Since this is the only place I use it, I don't want to create a storage problem either.... of where to put it until use. YMMV

Where would one buy Calcium Chloride in bulk? Lowes???

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote