Monitor inside trailer temp. - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #29

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Ok thank you Sherry for the heads up on the batteries. I did go out and buy the aAccurite and put it with all my camping stuff for hopeful spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Old 01-09-2015, 02:32 PM   #30

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
I have found that its best to change out the batteries each spring on both the receiving and sending units. Otherwise you might start seeing temperatures that make you worry your fridge is malfunctioning and waste a lot of time trouble shooting it! Been there done that! LOL

Also make sure that you don't put stuff on top of the sending unit you have in the fridge as that will mess the readings up greatly as well. Therefore the smaller the sending unit you have the better - so as to not waste fridge space.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:42 PM   #31

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
I use Energizers, Duracell or equal batteries in my temp devices. I simply turn them around in their places (batt. compartment) when not in use. The way they're designed, they cannot make contact and the batteries last for YEARs this way. If you're monitoring 24/7, this wont work. I only monitor my fridge, water heater etc when I'm Scamping and it works out. I do the same for my digital thermostat and smoke/CO alarm-- remove them when I'm not camping. In 5 yrs, I've never had to replace any of my batteries.

It simply depends on the use of our equipment-- what works for one wont work for another....
Old 01-11-2015, 09:32 AM   #32

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Makes sense. I'll try that this summer with the batts. I always take batts out of anything that uses them at end of season for fear of corrosion and leakage. But during season, this is smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV