Mounting a television - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Mounting a television

I thought there was a thread on mounting televisions in our FG units. If someone can find it please post the location or I would like some suggestions as to hardware and methods. I only have a small 7" flat screen do don't need anything elaborate but would like some ideas. Any info is appreciated.
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #2

Name: Martin
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Funny you should mention that. I've been working on my Boler today and just installed a tv mount on the side of my newly built closet. I'll be using a cheapo 19" tv that I bought at the Future Shop and a wall mount that you'd use I your house.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1406410488.052019.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	74116

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Raff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:02 PM   #3

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Gene, here's a couple links

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...amp-50610.html

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...unt-44071.html

I plan to mount ours where Raff did. Here's a decent looking swivel mount from the Jungle. I want to mount it so it can be watched in bed or swiveled around and watch from the couch.

Amazon.com: VideoSecu Articulating Arm TV LCD Monitor Wall Mount, Full Motion Tilt Swivel and Rotate for Most 15" 17" 19" 20" 22" 23" 24" 26" 27" LED TV Flat Panel Screen with VESA 100, 75 ML12B CB5: Electronics

Hope this helps

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:29 PM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
I used one of several swivel mounts available on-line, but I always modify the mount so the TV can be easily removed and laid face down on the bed when traveling. Even a small flat screen set can generate enough inertia when bouncing to snap off a mount designed for static, in-home use.
When possible, select a mount that has a weight capacity well over the weight of your screen.
Almost forgot: Most RV cabinet walls won't support a mount with just screws and , maybe, big washers. Try to back up the mount with a piece of 1/2" or better plywood.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:09 PM   #5

Trailer: 94 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
We mounted a 7" tv with a camera mount similar to this GoPro Official Website: The World's Most Versatile Camera
In our 13' Scamp, we clamped the mount to the metal supports at the end of the camper (on the sink side).
Sheryl M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:25 PM   #6

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
Why??
Old 07-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK View Post
Gene, here's a couple links

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...amp-50610.html

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...unt-44071.html

I plan to mount ours where Raff did. Here's a decent looking swivel mount from the Jungle. I want to mount it so it can be watched in bed or swiveled around and watch from the couch.

Amazon.com: VideoSecu Articulating Arm TV LCD Monitor Wall Mount, Full Motion Tilt Swivel and Rotate for Most 15" 17" 19" 20" 22" 23" 24" 26" 27" LED TV Flat Panel Screen with VESA 100, 75 ML12B CB5: Electronics

Hope this helps

Tom
We used that same one (VideoSecu) in our Escape but added the Ergotron Quick release:
Amazon.com: Ergotron Quick Release LCD Bracket (60-589-060): Electronics
so we could easily remove the TV when not in use.
Fran L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita
Registry
TV mounting

Sheryl, others thanks for the input. Sheryl, your suggestion got the gear turning with me. I have a suction mount device I got an extra one of when I bought one of those little in-car cameras from China. For some reason I thought I would find a use for another one at the time. I went and found it and it works just right. This outfit also has other mounts that may be useful. Just do a search on their page for camera mounts.
Here's the one I use.
Universal Car Swivel Mount Holder for Camera - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0013.jpg  
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #9

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran L View Post
We used that same one (VideoSecu) in our Escape but added the Ergotron Quick release:
Amazon.com: Ergotron Quick Release LCD Bracket (60-589-060): Electronics
so we could easily remove the TV when not in use.
Fran and Dave, Thank you. I just added that piece to the wish list. I wasn't sure if that mount had a Q-R incorporated. There are so many choices, it will make you dizzy.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote