Mouse entry W/O permission - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-16-2019, 01:18 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Please don’t use Irish Spring soap as your rat protection for your trailer. Does not work!! You to youtube , look it up under Irish Spring soap for mice. Video proof on not one not two but several videos showing does not work. One video shows the mice eating the Irisg Spring.

Grady C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 02:54 PM   #16

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
The neighborhood free range kitties seem to have things under control. I had a shop cat for a while who really earned his keep.

In the past, I've put a sheet of aluminum foil to block the refrigerator vents. That was after the shop cat died. I also stuffed steel wool in the power cord hole. It does rust though.

Knock on wood, no rodent problem so far.

slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:02 PM   #17

Name: David
Trailer: Casita
New York
Mice !!!!!!!!!!

" Cuddle " dryer sheets have worked for us for decades ( over 40 years ) ( the kind you can smell ). Our daughter tried scent free dryer sheets, they DO NOT work at keeping mice away.
David Marowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 04:09 PM   #18

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Steel wool, install a cat, and what if the mouse had gotten permission first--would that have made you a more welcoming landlord? Maybe you need to figure out a way to raise the rent so it's less attractive. (so many suggestions above!)

Frequent ins and outs (like constantly needing something from or put into the trailer) helps, but we don't have a winter-long snow pack, either. Seems your mice don't even expect supplies laid in...they're happy to bring their own. True campers at heart.

So far we've been lucky...crossing all my toes and fingers and hoping for the best outcome for you!

Kathleen

Kai

"K"
Old 03-16-2019, 04:44 PM   #19

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Soak a sponge with bleach and put it under where you think they are getting in mice hate bleach.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:07 PM   #20

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Alberta
Mouse

stuffing cracks with steel wool also works; kept them out of our house trailer back in the day. Of course, backup is mousetrap in the trailer ;-)
Bruce_Calgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:09 AM   #21

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Shopping
California
Whatever you do, DO NOT put bait traps inside the RV. Friend of mine did this and spent half the summer tearing the walls apart. Took about 6 months for the smell to go away. Use traps, not sticky, those are just cruel, Reese's Pieces or bacon, Canadian I think works best. Bleach to get rid of the pee smell.

Also there is no such thing as "a singular mouse", they travel in packs, like a little motorcycle gang. Once they get inside others will follow the scent and get in. I used pest block expanding foam, available just about everywhere.
Good luck....
Jeff
Jeffrey F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:43 AM   #22

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
1984 Bigfoot 5th wheel for sale $300, needs some TLC.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van...844058015.html He is asking $300.
this is a referral, I would put this through the Classified but I cannot gain entrance since all the work they have put into changing it where I cannot go.
Unless someone sends me how to do it instructions I cannot send referrals any longer.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:15 PM   #23

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Well, hi, Stude...which one is the mouse? $300 is steep unless the mouse is employed gainfully...Paul says I must be confused. Likely.

"K"
Kai in Seattle
Old 03-18-2019, 06:43 PM   #24

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Well, hi, Stude...which one is the mouse? $300 is steep unless the mouse is employed gainfully...Paul says I must be confused. Likely.

"K"
Kai in Seattle
$300? me thinks someone left a ZERO off.. but what thats doing in this thread I have no idea.
gordon2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:04 AM   #25

Name: K C
Trailer: 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
Never use the kind of steel wool that rust. Instead you should use stainless steel pot scrubbers. Those will last through the years and also fill up the cracks.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:10 AM   #26

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
Colorado
Of course you cannot prove a negative, but I have not had a critter problem since I started placing cloth bags with moth balls (the stinky, original kind) in the outside storage of the Scamp and the engine compartment of my truck and car. They do evaporate over time, so a few need to be added every 6 months to a year.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:27 AM   #27

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul O. View Post
Of course you cannot prove a negative, but I have not had a critter problem since I started ....
I too have not had any problem with mice or other critters.. and I do nothing other than remove food when not in use for extended periods of time. I will say that the trailer is buttoned up pretty tight... no holes to speak of, not even mouse-sized.
gordon2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:21 AM   #28

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
I too have not had any problem with mice or other critters.. and I do nothing other than remove food when not in use for extended periods of time. I will say that the trailer is buttoned up pretty tight... no holes to speak of, not even mouse-sized.
Glad you brought up the idea of not leaving any critter food around. Even a whiff of it will attract them. Years ago I found that storing grass seed in a tight metal container was the answer to the mouse problem in our garage.

Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot