My 1972 compact jr pop-top - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2014, 09:34 AM   #1

Name: THOMAS
Trailer: 1972 COMPACT JR
Colorado
My 1972 compact jr pop-top

ALMOST HAVE THE POP-TOP REFURBISHED.
Now, where can I find the extrusion that goes around the bottom of the pop-up section and seals down onto the top of the cabin when in down position. The existing stuff seems to be made of layers of rubber, canvas, and metal.
Can't find anything on the forums or on the internet in general.
Having new boot made at local canvas shop....should be finished soon...but I would like to have the extruded seal in place first.
TOM JUSTICE
THOMASJU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
That's called Knock On Edge Trim.... Try J&J Auto Fabrics in Rialto, CA, they ship anywhere, good people.... here's a link:

Automotive-Marine Vinyl and Upholstery Supply

Look on the home page at item RS-439 . That material/shape is available in a range of sizes with the "Bulb" on either the side or front edge. If you send Joe a sample of what you have, he will will send you a sample of what he has that best matches. Be sure to tell him how thick the fiberglass is. It's what I used, works great.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:24 AM   #3

Colorado
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #4

Name: Linda
Trailer: compact jr
New York
What are you going to use to seal the material to the camper, I know that screws will fasten it but are you concerned for in between?
raddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:30 PM   #5

Colorado
If you are asking about the "material" being the carpet, I have used regular carpet glue....as in glueing the carpet to a floor. It looks mighty good if I may say so myself !! My unit is the factory original tan color and I used tan carpet and the boot will be tan also. If you are asking about something else, please let me know. Tom Justice
Old 02-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #6

Colorado
BTW, to Bob Miller.......I located some of that trim for my pop top here in the Denver area today....thanx for letting me know the name of it. The trim I found is more exactly like the original than the part number you mentioned in your post. Mine has no "bulb" on it----exactly like the original.
Thanx, Bob