My Big Foot lost his Foot - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2017, 03:56 PM   #1

Name: Roger
Trailer: Nomad
Nevada
My Big Foot lost his Foot

Been looking for over two years and finally found a 89 Big foot. The trailer has good bones the inside cabinets are in very nice condition. The rat fur is very ratted out. I want to do this trailer right I want to gut every thing out go through all the appliances and wiring and replace the fur with some kind of thin carpet . I have been looking at the cabinets and I cannot see how to unbolt them. The factory fit and finish is out standing on these Big foots. I lucked out and got a higher end model with AC , three way fridge and electric brakes and heater I did not know these trailers come with brakes. I know I will never get another like it . Can you please tell me how to unscrew the cabinets and how hard is the rat fur to replace? Thank you for your help ! I have done a lot of RV repair but this one has me scratching my head thanks again. Roger Sorry the inside pick is bad flash wasn't working think the batter was low
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF1442.jpg   DSCF1441.jpg  

RV NUT CASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:11 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 19 ft 2010
Registry
Have you tried a search?

Here is one description
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...val-69040.html

There were several others.

Try posting better interior photos, you will have a better chance of response.
Paul Braun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:45 PM   #3

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Braun View Post
Have you tried a search?

Here is one description
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...val-69040.html

There were several others.

Try posting better interior photos, you will have a better chance of response.
Yeah I don't know why the flash didn't go off . I think the battery was low will try and get some better pics thanks
Old 03-23-2017, 09:30 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Probably, the flash didn't go off because the center of the image ( where the exposure is determined ) was pointed out the window where it was daylight.
If you set your flash to On, not Auto, it will go off regardless.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:42 PM   #5

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Probably, the flash didn't go off because the center of the image ( where the exposure is determined ) was pointed out the window where it was daylight.
If you set your flash to On, not Auto, it will go off regardless.
I had the curtain closed and it didn't go off so I opened the curtain. I am no too bright on digital cameras the batter was really weak so I put the bats in the charger. I will check it again thanks
Old 03-23-2017, 09:47 PM   #6

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV NUT CASE View Post
I had the curtain closed and it didn't go off so I opened the curtain. I am no too bright on digital cameras the batter was really weak so I put the bats in the charger. I will check it again thanks
I just put some freshly charged bats in there and the flash work will get some better pics up tommorow
Old 03-24-2017, 12:24 AM   #7

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
When you do any search for information on your trailer if you spell "Bigfoot" as one word instead of two words you will get better results.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:39 AM   #8

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
When you do any search for information on your trailer if you spell "Bigfoot" as one word instead of two words you will get better results.

Good to know thanks
Old 03-24-2017, 08:58 AM   #9

Name: Toinette
Trailer: 2011 Egg Camper #101, the Abel Egg, pulled by 2019 Nissan PathFinder
Alabama
Registry
Bigfoot trailers have rat fur?

Do Bigfoot trailers have rat fur? I didn't know this. . . Which particular years? Models?
The only ones I've seen (through listings) had pics wood on the walls. . .

Thanks,
Tonie
TWelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:04 AM   #10

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
If you look at the first post you'll see it is a Lil Bigfoot. And yup, it has marine headliner on the walls.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:08 AM   #11

Name: Toinette
Trailer: 2011 Egg Camper #101, the Abel Egg, pulled by 2019 Nissan PathFinder
Alabama
Registry
Lil Bigfoot

How about that? I learn something every day from this forum. What a wealth of information!

Thanks,
Tonie
TWelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:50 AM   #12

Trailer: Bigfoot 13.5 ft 1987
Registry
I did these renos on my 1986 Lil Bigfoot. The cabinets are screwed onto plywood strips attached to the fiberglass. I didn't completely remove the screws so they could be re-attached correctly (several different lengths). I resecured the wood strips (see picture). The carpeting I used was boat headliner (Sea Galley R06 Opal Ribbed). The trailer did not have electric breaks, so I also added them last year. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Bigfoot wood shelf anchor.jpg   Bigfoot Interior Restored3.jpg  

John DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:40 AM   #13

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by John DM View Post
I did these renos on my 1986 Lil Bigfoot. The cabinets are screwed onto plywood strips attached to the fiberglass. I didn't completely remove the screws so they could be re-attached correctly (several different lengths). I resecured the wood strips (see picture). The carpeting I used was boat headliner (Sea Galley R06 Opal Ribbed). The trailer did not have electric breaks, so I also added them last year. Hope this helps.
Wow that job looks intimidating I have done RV repair but this looks like a hard job. Was this your first time? I still think I want to go with some light thin carpet I think it would hold up better nice job looks good! How long did it take you? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF1445.jpg   DSCF1444.jpg  

DSCF1448.jpg  
Old 03-24-2017, 11:26 AM   #14

Nevada
Quote:
Wow that job looks intimidating I have done RV repair but this looks like a hard job. Was this your first time? I still think I want to go with some light thin carpet I think it would hold up better nice job looks good! How long did it take you? Thanks
Here are some interior shots
thanks
Old 03-24-2017, 12:39 PM   #15

Trailer: Bigfoot 13.5 ft 1987
Registry
Quote:
It was my first time renovating a FGRV. I did it all, except for the carpet installation. I recently retired so I had some spare time, but it took me 2-3 months. I used youtube, google searches and this GREAT forum. I resealed the windows with while I was at it.
John DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:54 PM   #16

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by John DM View Post
It was my first time renovating a FGRV. I did it all, except for the carpet installation. I recently retired so I had some spare time, but it took me 2-3 months. I used youtube, google searches and this GREAT forum. I resealed the windows with while I was at it.
I was planning on pulling the AC unit somebody said if you pull out the cabinets you lose the reinforcement inside your trailer. The AC unit may damage the structure with out the cabinets I don't know if that is true or not. I had planned on resealing all the windows too. The back plexy glass is bad I will have to replace that. I am kind of nervous never have done a full gut out on a trailer. I need so find some light carpet to go inside I don't want the rat fur.