Neat bug solution - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2006, 08:00 PM   #1

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Just a heads-up for something that works well for us. We use a gadget I bought at Walmart called a "Nosquito" at night. It works like a night light for us and catches many of the insects that get in when the door is open. It has a light that attracts them and a fan that pulls them in and keeps them in. In the morning, you can decide what to do with them - let them go or let them have it, so to speak. A trap door will hold them in.

The light keeps us from tripping on things if we need to get up in the night.

While not getting all the bugs, it seems to work. The hubby has the job of dealing with it in the morning.

Don't I sound like a salesperson?

CindyL
Old 08-23-2006, 07:02 PM   #2

Trailer: none now
Quote:
Just a heads-up for something that works well for us. We use a gadget I bought at Walmart called a "Nosquito" at night. It works like a night light for us and catches many of the insects that get in when the door is open. It has a light that attracts them and a fan that pulls them in and keeps them in. In the morning, you can decide what to do with them - let them go or let them have it, so to speak. A trap door will hold them in.

The light keeps us from tripping on things if we need to get up in the night.

While not getting all the bugs, it seems to work. The hubby has the job of dealing with it in the morning.

Don't I sound like a salesperson?

CindyL
hey, was this thingee designed for in-house (e.g. not trailer or cabin) use? we have house without screens (in city) and for some confounded reasons, the skeeters seem to like me and home in for midnight snacks. grr. we don't have standing water near our house, unless neighbour's dog water dish is breeding em. LOL... where didja get your skeeter trap?
we live in British Columbia
Leanor Vlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:47 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Do you have an online site that we can go to? I punched in Wal-mart and only Mosquito stuff came up.
Thanks

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:58 PM   #4

Registry
Yes, the No 'Squito was not made for camping. I got it in the electrical stuff at Walmart next to the outdoor zappers. I have not seen it in every Walmart though.

Here is an online site : http://www99.shopping.com/xPC-STINGER_MA06..._Insect_Control

However, this is $10.00 more than I paid for it. I paid 19.99 at Walmart. It does not catch everything, but every morning there were some bugs in it.

CindyL
Old 08-23-2006, 08:35 PM   #5

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I have hungry Beagles.

They take care of most of them and it's kind of fun to watch.

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:59 PM   #6

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
I didn't realize your 2 rascals had learned to climb ladders to reach those pesky mosquitoes which fly higher than 20" above the ground. Or have they become so Angelic that they now have the use of wings of their own? We're looking forward to a demonstration at Heartbar next week-end. Of course if we're fortunate, it might be just cool enough in the evening at least, that the mosquitoes won't be active.
See you then...
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:59 PM   #7

Trailer: none now
Quote:
Gina,
I didn't realize your 2 rascals had learned to climb ladders to reach those pesky mosquitoes which fly higher than 20" above the ground. Or have they become so Angelic that they now have the use of wings of their own? We're looking forward to a demonstration at Heartbar next week-end. Of course if we're fortunate, it might be just cool enough in the evening at least, that the mosquitoes won't be active.
See you then...
Kurt & Ann K.
LOL... some 29 years ago, we had a couple of dachshunds (weiner dogs) that loved to pounce on and nibble critters.... mostly crickets and moths that flew close to the ground, I don't think they ever went after skeeters. Our geriatric cats can go after spiders if they feel like it, but mostly they snooze...but not on our bed!

Thanks Cindy for the link.. next time I go to Wally's I'll look for the thingee, and if lucky some left at end of summer sale, get one for the house. I've sold my Boler, so won't be using it when camping (tent camping) next summer.

Leanor
Leanor Vlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:51 PM   #8

Registry
I have a fat cat that goes after flies in the house. Pretty much the only time you see him move quick. The only thing is, he hates to travel, so I have to find solutions at Wally World for the Burro. Last time we took him in the van to move him while our floors were refinished, we were glad his cat cage had a tray in the bottom. You need earplugs in a vehicle with him too.

CindyL
Old 08-30-2006, 10:05 AM   #9

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1978
Beagles eat skeeters? I am going to have a little discussion with Benny when I get home! He mostly waits to see what the baby will throw him.
Adam
adamp is offline   Reply With Quote