Need fridge relay part id. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2017, 08:28 AM   #1

Name: Pete
Trailer: Casita
Georgia
Registry
Need fridge relay part id.

We need a replacement relay for a Dometic RM2454 (3-way fridge). I think that it is a common 12v relay available at auto parts store, but I don't know which one. I am about to tow my Casita to an authorized Dometic service center and I would like to avoid some embarrassing questions.

The background story: As we were preparing for the King of the Wild Frontier rally, we decided to defrost a perfectly working fridge. It has not worked since. We had an old fashioned ice box for the week. The fridge would heat up the exhaust stack on AC, DC, or propane. But the hot side pipes never warmed and the cold side never cooled. Many helpful fellow campers offered help and advice. In the process we pulled the suspicious relay and by-passed it for a few hours. That did not fix the problem. I must have set the relay down some place inappropriate because it was nowhere to be found when we got home.
pete_britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:50 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Get the manual. It will have the part number for relay. The manual can be found on line at the Dometic web site.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:02 PM   #3

Name: Ben
Trailer: Casita SD 17'
South Carolina
12 volt relay for refrigerator

My DC relay failed a while back. I replaced it with a Viair 40 amp, 12 volt relay. You can find it in the link below. For that price, I ordered a spare. Since then, I have made several trips with my refrigerator on DC for 6 or more hours and it stayed cold the whole way. I have a remote thermometer that I keep inside the truck. On my Casita, there is also a fuse in the line with the relay and the heater. Is the fuse good? The relay may be OK.

Ben

https://www.amazon.com/Viair-93940-C.../dp/B000YC7GBU
Ben Barkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:26 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
That is a VERY common automotive relay available just about everywhere.
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...archTerm=relay

If you were near by you could stop by and I would give you one.

Joe
Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge