Originally Posted by Thomas G.
Is there possibly a back up light
also built into the light
This number is usually molded into the plastic lens, and only refers to that bit of plastic
and not the fixture as a whole.
One determining factor is the color of the plastic lens:
- Is it all RED?
- Is it part RED and part AMBER?
- Is it part Red and part Clear?
The other determining factor is the type of bulb each one is.
- 2 filament bulbs have one Bright and one Dim.
- 1 filament bulbs are either all Bright or all Dim
On my Fiber Stream
I changed out the original fixtures for ones that included a Back-up light
The model of the lens is a REFLECT-O-LITE NO 910 / 950 .
The lower bulb is an 1157
; a 2 filament bulb:
- The Bright filament is for the combined Brake/Turn Signal
- The Dim filament is for the Running or Marker
The upper bulb is an 1156
; a 1 filament bulb
- Its Bright filament is behind the Clear section for Back-up lights
- The amber appearance is actually RED built-in reflectors reacting to the camera flash
If your plastic lens is all RED
then the 2 filament bulb is the same as mine, one Bright and one Dim.
You need to determine what the 1 filament bulb is: