Need help with a Boler door window - Split topic - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Need help with a Boler door window - Split topic

Hello everyone!

Well, I think I a pretty good grasp on the work that needs to be done to get my Boler ready for the road, but I have a favor to ask. Could someone post a picture of the inside door window mechanism, so I can see what it looks like? Right now, there's a screw holding the window shut where the window mechanism should be.

Also, a picture of the inside and outside door handle would be useful because that's missing as well.

Thanks!

Old 08-14-2010, 12:10 AM   #2

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Matt,
The door handles on your boler American are the same as on the Scamp and can be ordered from them. You will need the inside, outside and key shown on page 2 of their hardware parts here:
Scamp Trailers Hardware

Old 08-14-2010, 02:32 AM   #3

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Do you have the small horizontal window that is rectangular but has an oval looking insert on the outside? If so that is a Hehr Standard type window. Here is a photo of one in my Boler:

(Okay, I can no longer figure out how to insert a photo along with my text, so the photo is at the bottom.)

Vintage Trailer Supply sells an operator that is not exactly like the original but that they say fits that type window. I would just check with them about the distance between the mounting screws to make sure that is the same. Here is a link to it:

Hehr 008-101 Vent Window Operator

Here is a photo of the inside of the window from their website, although this particular Hehr window is slightly taller. It looks very similar to mine though.

(This photo is below too.)

Other parts that they sell which are associated with the window operating mechanism for these windows are the Nylon Friction Pad (the arm rides on this inside the track on the tilting part of the window; the Back Frame Grommet (runs vertically up the middle of the non-operable part of the window -- this and the crank operator sandwich the screening).

For these same windows they sell a few other parts too:

Backframe Gasket, which is the rubber gasket that seals the window to the camper on the sides and bottom; Hehr Standard Glass Seal, which runs around the oval on the outside; Hehr Standard Window Fasteners, which hold the glass in; and galvanized screening.

Raya

PS: As for the door, I'm guessing Roy knows you have an older Boler - say, pre-about-1977. They do have the handles like the Scamp doors. Some of the later 70s and up have a Bargman L-400, which is flush with the door and has a flat panel that you pull on to open the door.

I've also attached photos of both of those (Below!) On the Scamp-type ones, that are like an arm, I've seen them both vertically and horizontally installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Hehr Standard window.jpg   hehr inside.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 08-14-2010, 02:58 AM   #4

By the way, if you need more detailed photos of the door-window mechanism, let me know. Sometime in the next week or so, weather-permitting, I'm going to be removing and re-installing the small windows (new backframe gasket, glass seal, and - if needed - nylon friction pads will be going in), so I could get some photos of different angles and such.

Raya
Old 08-15-2010, 09:33 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Roy, thanks for the info. I ordered the outside and inside handle from Scamp. The outside handle comes with keys, so there's no need to order it separately unless you already have a lock (which I don't).

Raya, I do have the Hehr standard type window, but unfortunately this note is in the description of the mechanism on the Vintage Trailer Supply site "These are discontinued and we have secured a very small number. Limited to 1 per customer until they are gone." They're currently out of stock, so it looks like I'm out of luck. Any ideas on where I might be able to find another?

Thanks for your replies!
Old 08-16-2010, 12:25 AM   #6

Well rats, then maybe they are gone

The other two places I would check for a new one are Interstate Metals and Pelland Enterprises, because they both carry camper window parts (and have online catalogs). Also, since these were in a lot of campers besides our eggs, there is probably a decent chance of finding one at a camper junkyard type of place.

Interstate Metal Fabricators, Inc.

RV Parts and Motorhome Parts Online Outlet

Raya

Tags
boler