Need Help with the Right Tire Pressure for a New-to-Me Burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2008, 07:16 AM   #1

Trailer: Burro 13 ft
Since I do not have a book on this 1978 Burro that I got and I am restoring it, I need to know what the book says the tire pressure is , the trailer was painted and they painted over the stickers for tire pressure, I had a scamp years ago and I remember that their pressure was 20lbs , that’s how they get the smooth ride with the rubber axel and low tire pressure ( need help any one got a book or a Burro wity stickers over the tires) thanks Dennis in NV DIGGERONE_99@YAHOO.COM
DENNIS GOULD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:57 AM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
they always have the maximum tire pressure stamped into the tire in very,very small print right next to where the tire meets the rim. will probably need a magnifying glass...... I know I did (my rough guess would be about 50 psi or less)

Then there are others ( I haven't tried this yet) that say to put a wide chalk mark across the tire and ride over something that the chalk mark will show up on....... too much air and just the center of the tire will show.....and too little air and just the edges of the tire will show...... when the complete tire thread shows then it's just right. Let us know if you try this trick as it sounds interesting.

Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:58 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Dennis, there are a couple of Burro manuals supplied by our members, in the Document Center:
Burro Manuals. BTW, there is a PM waiting for you.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Just as a note, despite the side labels, I personally wouldn't use TPs in the '20s because it is too easy to lose a little pressure and damage the tire, esp at high speeds on hot roads.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:24 PM   #5

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Go with what the tire says. My Burro shows 35 lbs by the wheel well but that was for the original tires (car type) no longer available.
My current tires ( trailer tires) say 45 lb and that's what I put in. So far so good.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro