Need Lug Spacing for Bigfoot 25b21FB 1000 miles away - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #1

Name: Curt
Trailer: 2007 Bigfoot 25b21FB
Texas
Need Lug Spacing for Bigfoot 25b21FB 1000 miles away

I've been following the forum for quite some time and finally I'm going to be an owner. I'm looking forward to being a contributor as my knowledge specific to TTs builds. I'm very handy but inexperienced with RVs in general.

But, for now, here is one of my issues as I begin the journey to begin as an owner. I am purchasing a 2007 Bigfoot in Phoenix. It is a salvage title project that I plan to rebuild the way I want it. It was damaged in several areas, mostly fiberglass, but also needs one alloy wheel. It currently has the steel spare on it and no spare. I would like to pick up another wheel so that I have a spare for the trip back. I would prefer to find another alloy wheel and tire. The tires are Marathon 225 75r 15s load C.

A Bigfoot dealer parts department says he doesn't know if it's 5x 4.5" or 5x 4.25" Does anyone know for sure what size it would be if it's all stock?

And, finally where is the best place to shop (likely ln Dallas area or Phoenix) considering that I need one this week.

Glad to be a member of such a fine group!

Curt
Old 03-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #2

Texas
I'm now pretty sure it's the common 4.5" spacing confirmed by Brian B-P. He was great help.

Now I wonder if I can find a 10 hole alloy wheel in 5x 4.5" for less than one arm + one leg on short notice....May end up with another modular steel spare if not. Leads????

Thanks to all who looked.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #3

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Try this Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database and Conversion Guide: 5 X 4.5
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
This is in the document center, I made it up a couple of years ago. Print it out and carefully punch some holes:
Fiberglass RV - Document Center - 5-StudCircleTemplate
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:30 AM   #5

Name: Gregory
Trailer: Bigfoot
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
This is in the document center, I made it up a couple of years ago. Print it out and carefully punch some holes:

Perhaps Product Not Found

They have stores in that area. I know of one Bigfoot owner who got tires and wheels there and was very happy.
amsoilman1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:05 AM   #6

Trailer: 1971 Boler 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by heycurt View Post
Now I wonder if I can find a 10 hole alloy wheel in 5x 4.5" for less than one arm + one leg on short notice....May end up with another modular steel spare if not. Leads????
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but I ordered from this place and had a good experience.

Russ
RussL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:44 AM   #7

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Thanks Donna. I found that and sent it to the seller and he verified the spacing, center hole diameter and layout of the holes in the wheel to match. Now I need to find one in Albuquerque or Phoenix so that I can drive it back safely.

I'm flying to ABQ and my son and I are going to pick it up in Phoenix with his Suburban.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:48 AM   #8

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussL View Post
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but I ordered from this place and had a good experience.

Russ

Thanks Russ:
That's exactly the wheel I'm looking for. I'll check to see if I can have it shipped out to Phoenix in time. Or, find a local dealer now that I know the size and particulars of the wheel. Thanks again!
Old 03-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #9

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSOILMAN View Post
Perhaps Product Not Found

They have stores in that area. I know of one Bigfoot owner who got tires and wheels there and was very happy.
Thanks Greg:
Looks like I'm going to be flying that direction rather than taking the GMC K2500 HD from Texas so I will probably have to buy one in Albuquerque or Phoenix.

The trailer I'm buying is optioned like the one you are selling. Yours is very sharp. I hope mine will be as nice when I get the big hole in the front corner repaired! Good luck with the sale.

Curt

Tags
bigfoot