Need rear sliding window channel with flocking - need exact part number - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #1

Name: Joel
Trailer: 1981 Boler
Sarnia, Ontario
Question Need rear sliding window channel with flocking - need exact part number

I'm looking to fix my rear sliding window on our 81 boler, the PO put silicone all over the window seems and seals to keep it from leaking, the plexi glass windows are totally weathered and cracked, the seals are all torn and cracked and weathered also.

so what I need to do is redo the whole thing. I asked about window seals for the side and rear windows a while back. donna gave me a link to this site: Weatherstrip-Trims, All Rubber Glass Run Channels with Flocked Lining

but I'm not sure what channel with flocking I need exactly. I cannot take the window apart because I don't have a garage that I can put it in. with all the rain I don't want to try and temporarily seal it up and have it leak or something. it will also take a week or so to get the parts if i take them apart then figure out what I need then order.

So I really need help if someone can tell me exactly what I need? and where to get it? or the part number from that link I sent for the right one?

I also need the seal that holds the plexi in place on the door half of the window if i recall. its some sort of black rubber glazing I think its called. I mainly need to start with the window channel so I can remove and install the windows the same day but would like to have everything I need so it can be done within a day or two.

If someone knows exactly what is needed I'd really appreciate it.

I'll post a picture of the other seal I need for the rear window tomorrow.

thanks,

Joel
idiotsniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #2

Sarnia, Ontario
here are two pictures of the other rubber seal/glazing I need for the back window. it is only on the door half of the rear window. if someone knows where to get this stuff i'd really appreciate it. I can't seem to find it.

does anyone know what size/type of window channel with flocking is needed to redo these windows? someone has to have bought replacement stuff??
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1459.JPG   IMG_1461.JPG  

Old 03-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Can you put an pop up awning over top of the trailer while you take the window out to fix? Some bolers seem to fit right under them.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Can you put an pop up awning over top of the trailer while you take the window out to fix? Some bolers seem to fit right under them.
When I redid my UHaul windows this winter, I taped plastic over the openings and covered it with a camper cover from eBay, which I plan to use to cover it when I'm not camping, anyway. It has a zippered side, so I could access it easily.
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #5

Sarnia, Ontario
Carol: I don't have one of those awnings, if i did i might try that option and cover the window.

Thomas: I was looking at those covers for the boler but they are pretty pricey, we just bought the boler last year and want to take it out for the first time and see how we like it before we invest to much money into it. I'd like one of those covers but just want to wait a bit for that. trailer needs lots of work so want to invest money into fixing issues and things we'd like to add before we buy one of those pricey covers.

I just find it hard to believe that no one on here has replaced the window channel and that rubber glazing? someone has to know what exact replacement is needed?

thanks for the help,
Old 03-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
You have a newer Boler most owners have older Boler trailers that do not have sliding windows. Take the windows out tape plastic over the opening. Go to a glass shop they should have the stuff you need.
Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #7

Sarnia, Ontario
seems like that is the only options I have at this point. that black rubber/glazing or seal is real odd and I don't think i'll be able to find it to easy. i've been looking all over the internet and can't find it anywhere.. so was hoping someone might know what its called or where to get it.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:46 AM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Did you call Interstate? They'll send you a small sample, if you tell them which one you're looking at. See the rubber parts about half-way down this page: Interstate RV Metal & Supply
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #9

Sarnia, Ontario
Hey Donna,

Well I have seen that page before, but really got looking into this rubber piece. I went out today and ripped the end of that seal out of the window frame and it looks exactly like rubber molding/seal #009-057 on that interstate link you posted. I just don't know about the dimensions, so i'll give them a call and see if they can ship a piece out like you said. you think they'd ship a sample to canada tho? don't want to ship it to the US address I ship to because they charge 5$ to pick up each parcel I ship there, and I'm not paying that for a 1" piece of rubber.

thanks,
Old 03-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #10

I can't answer your shipping question... sorry Joel. But, I still think it would be work a phone call and you may get all your answers.

Good luck, truly.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #11

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Joel, I replaced the fuzzy U but it was so many years ago I don't remember where I got it. The only thing I remember was it a place on the web that had all kinds of replacement moldings for vintage cars and it was a small company. The other molding that holds the glass was salvageable on mine. What I don't have is a screen and I had to fabricate the side metal on the sliding part and I use a screw to lock it.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #12

Sarnia, Ontario
donna, I'll give them a call tomorrow if i can, I looked up the 009-057 number and saw a picture of it from another site, it looks like the right profile, but this picture shows it being 1.25" tall, and that is not correct for what i have here. so not sure if its the same thing but to large? will find out when i call.

Liz, thanks for the reply, I'll do a search and see what I can find. I'm going to have to just remove the channel there and get some measurements and see what is in there exactly, that link donna sent before on another tread I posted asking about the window channel has all the different window channels with flocking, just need to figure out what size first. so I'll see, the rubber seal/molding you said you reused is decent on mine, but its shrunk, so that is why i want to replace it. its about 1" short at the one end. and i think about 2-3" at the top side. so I'll see what works I guess.

thanks,
Old 03-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #13

Joel, I'm thinking you don't need a whole big piece to determine what you need? A slice about 1/2 to 1" long will tell you if it's the right size and that should fit in a regular envelope at regular international postage prices? But, what's really, really important for the FiberglassRV archives (and search) is when you finally find the solution... please post model numbers(?) and where you found it. Others will be grateful for the help
Old 03-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #14

Sarnia, Ontario
Donna, ya all i expected to get was a small sample. just wasnt sure if they'd ship to canada because i'm not shipping to this parcel place I ship to over the border or i'll be paying 5$ for a sample, and thats not worth it.

but i'll def post the number once I get it, and for the window channel also, I don't know why someone else hasn't posted where and what model for the the window channel with flocking yet? not a single person seems to know what size/model is needed.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #15

Joel, I hate to say this... but maybe you're not asking at the right place? Remember, not all Boler owners are members here. There's Bolerama... a website forum dedicated to Bolers and, of course, I Own A Boler a Facebook site with almost 600 members.

Good luck and I hope you find the answers you seek.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #16

Name: Maisie
Trailer: 1982 Boler
Quebec
Hi Joel, were you successful in finding the channel? I'm in a similar situation and don't know where to go.
Many thanks,
Maisie

Maisie
bondgirl1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #17

Joel hasn't been around for a while: Last Activity: 04-07-2013 02:10 PM

It would be terrific if he found a solution and came back to let everyone know what it was...

JOEL, COME BACK... WE NEED YOU....

« Full Timing | Table »