Need tiny fridge replacement help - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2014, 07:40 PM   #1

Name: Naomi
Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 Foot
British Columbia
Need tiny fridge replacement help

We have a 1972 13 foot Boler. When we bought the Boler it had a tiny fridge from Princess Auto but they no longer carry it. It stopped working and we took it to a repair guy but the repair hasn't lasted and although the fan runs the fridge doesn't get cold. In summary we need a new one but can't find the size that will fit. The maximum dimensions that will fit are:
17 inches wide
16 inches deep
19 1/2 inches high

Does anyone have any suggestions of where we can look for another one? I have looked online at Camperland but no luck, and I have sent them an email and waiting to hear back. Any ideas or suggestions would be sooooo appreciated! Although we do take a plug in portable cooler I want the little fridge inside the boler, otherwise it's wasted space and may end up holding clothes which is sad.

Many thanks!!

Naomi
Boler Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
When we installed a dorm fridge in our Uhaul where the ice box had been I had to slightly enlarge the opening in the fiberglass cabinet area. Is this possible in your Boler?
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #3

Name: Naomi
Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 Foot
British Columbia
Little Fridge

It's a problem to enlarge the opening where the fridge goes. Definetly cannot go higher or lower - lower the floor is right there and higher is the two burner propane stove. To the right is the bottom bunk and to the left is a cupboard with sink which is ultimately right snug up to the fridge. There is virtually no wiggle room. I guess it was the perfect size for the ice boxes that came with the original Bolers.
Boler Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:29 PM   #4

Name: Barbe
Trailer: Boler
West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boler Babe View Post
It's a problem to enlarge the opening where the fridge goes. Definetly cannot go higher or lower - lower the floor is right there and higher is the two burner propane stove. To the right is the bottom bunk and to the left is a cupboard with sink which is ultimately right snug up to the fridge. There is virtually no wiggle room. I guess it was the perfect size for the ice boxes that came with the original Bolers.
I also have just purchased a 1972 Boler and am thinking about changing out the fridge. Wouldn't the small fridge that Scamp sells as a replacement in their online parts section be suitable in size since Boler is basically the percursor to Scamp?
Barbe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge