New Boler owner in Nova Scotia - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #1

Name: Carol
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
New Boler owner in Nova Scotia

Hello I just bought a 1974 Boler that seems to be in pretty good shape. I am new to the RV life in general and Bolers in particular. I will have some questions to address over time but first wonder if anyone can tell be of good helpful resources in Nova Scotia for adding some new features to my Boler. I will possibly want a better type of fridge as the seller said the original one does not cool very well. I will also want some assistance to properly winterize it when the time comes in the fall. I would be willing to pay an RV company or technician as my own skills do not come up the standards I see in the forum posts. So many impressive renos. I am quite willing to learn. The manuals link does not seem to have a 1974 Boler edition. Perhaps the 1973 is the place to start?
Thanks all
Carol
NSBoler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #2

Name: Sandy
Trailer: Dolphin 15 ft
Ottawa, ON
Registry
Hi Carol,
Welcome to the forum, it is an awesome place to learn. I am new and learning lots. As for winterizing, I used to have it done but for the past two years have done my own on a 32 Foot park model that my family uses as a cottage. It's really quite easy.

I think giant RV may have a place in Halifax. The one here in Ottawa is pretty good.
Happy camping !
Sandy
SeansmomSandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #3

Nova Scotia
Sandy
Thanks for your geetings and for the encouragement. Much appreciated!
Carol
Old 08-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Welcome to FGRV, Carol,
you will never be alone here on the site
Old 08-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #5

Name: Anne
Trailer: currently shopping
Nova Scotia
Hi Carol. I too am in Halifax, NS. I am looking to buy a Boler or small fiberglass camper to go down along the eastern seaboard to florida next summer. I teach so I have all the time in the world. I have a dog and I really only need room for 2 people and a dog. I don't want to keep making the bed every night so I like a few models that have a small table and then the fold down table as a bed. I'll more than likely put a mattress on it so it's more comfortable like being at home. Look me up as I'd love to see your Boler and if you need an extra set of hands I'm free labor. Just wanting to learn like you so two heads are better than one.
CCHalifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:22 AM   #6

Nova Scotia
Thanks so much for getting in touch. I am just learning and would welcome a couple of people to learn along with me, the trailer is in pretty good shape and I plan only a few things before my first trip in it. I am replacing the battery and will see if the fridge needs servicing. I also am looking into the possibility of a back up solar system. I am off on vacation later this week, not with the boler and will get in touch when I get back
Carol
Old 08-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #7

Name: Anne
Trailer: currently shopping
Nova Scotia
Dont forget to contact me when you are back around. I am in Halifax by the Halifax Shopping Center. Would love to help you out like I said and pick your brain. I am looking for a Cadet camper. Keep your eyes peeled for me. Thanks, Carrie
CCHalifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 10:48 AM   #8

Name: Mike
Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSBoler View Post
Hello I just bought a 1974 Boler that seems to be in pretty good shape. I am new to the RV life in general and Bolers in particular. I will have some questions to address over time but first wonder if anyone can tell be of good helpful resources in Nova Scotia for adding some new features to my Boler. I will possibly want a better type of fridge as the seller said the original one does not cool very well. I will also want some assistance to properly winterize it when the time comes in the fall. I would be willing to pay an RV company or technician as my own skills do not come up the standards I see in the forum posts. So many impressive renos. I am quite willing to learn. The manuals link does not seem to have a 1974 Boler edition. Perhaps the 1973 is the place to start?
Thanks all
Carol
Howdy, I can answer all your questions and even help you get work done..... jessomemike@gmail.com.......I'm in Dartmouth
ln41211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:08 AM   #9

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Ontario
Hi Carol,

I just purchased a 1979 17' boler and had the same issue with the fridge. My fridge worked on electric but while using propane the fridge would only get down to 6 C at night when cool and 15-18 C when warm during the day. I knew the system worked because it functioned on 110 V electric. I installed two computer fans in the top outside fridge vent blowing the warm air out and this solved the problem. The fridge now goes down to -4C with the thermostat turned up to max and I can keep the fridge around 2 C with the thermostat turned down to 2-3. It was a $20 modification that saved a lot of money on a new fridge. Just be sure your original system is not leaking. This would only work if you had the same situation where your fridge works on electric and not as well on propane.

Jeff
MacLean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler