New cushion covers - is there a no-sewing solution? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #21

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
I may be wrong but there is a link on slipcovershop.com on the Casita Forum. Can't remember if that is where i first seen it? They seem to have good reviews. Lots of fabrics to choose from. If you aren't too picky, they even have elastic covers for 4 $ less but I think for 4 dollars i will get the ones with the zippers. They fit nice. If i ever order i will let you guys know how they turned out. I did place an order for 11 or so sample fabrics. I think your first 4 are free and that they maybe apply that fee for the samples to your first order so it is a win win situation if you should decide to order from them.
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #22

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
hoookayyyy. hows about this. you find a local highschool girl that is taking home ec. and pay her to sew up some covers for you.

wait.....do they still teach home ec? or did i just give away my age?

no seriously. find someone thats taking sewing classes, they make a little money to buy sewing supplies,,,,you get nice slip covers,,,everyone is happy.
check the local paper for sewing classes , give them a call and ask if a student might like an easy project. the teacher just might happen to know someone that could really use a few dollars.
also check the ladies at your locaal church. some of them might sew.you buy the material and make a donation .
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #23

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Home ec is sometimes offered as an elective in middle school, so you have everyone taking it. So find a guy taking it and have them make covers.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #24

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Sure wish our 2 kitties would travel that well. Ours freak out at the thought of going in the car. They howl all the way to their destination. It would let us not have to find a cat sitter and worry about them when we're gone. Cute Pix!

Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen B. View Post
I've never tried to post a photo before...we'll see if this works.

The other thing I like about this idea is that if I decide to redecorate, it's really easy. And cheap.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #25

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Another option is Travel Trailer Makeover

She does nice work - some fun fabrics as well. She has a budget slip cover and for a bit more money a professionally done cover. Dont live near her not a problem just trace out the pattern of your cushions and send them to her.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #26

Name: Julie
Trailer: 13' 2007 Scamp without bathroom
Arizona
This isn't a washable option ,but youcan paint your cushions(and carpet) ! : Simply Spray Fabric Paints
realgranola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #27

Name: Anne
Trailer: '08 Fleetwood Tacoma
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
hoookayyyy. hows about this. you find a local highschool girl that is taking home ec. and pay her to sew up some covers for you.

wait.....do they still teach home ec? or did i just give away my age?

no seriously. find someone thats taking sewing classes, they make a little money to buy sewing supplies,,,,you get nice slip covers,,,everyone is happy.
check the local paper for sewing classes , give them a call and ask if a student might like an easy project. the teacher just might happen to know someone that could really use a few dollars.
also check the ladies at your locaal church. some of them might sew.you buy the material and make a donation .

When my son took "Teen Living" in Middle school, besides cooking, he learned to sew by making a pair of boxers!!
ams56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #28

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I have used a fabric shower curtain for many years, due to my zoo. They are tough, washable and they help keep muddy little feetsies from ruining you whole bedding!

I bought two matching ones so I would have a cover while one is in the wash.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote