New Mattress for 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-10-2016, 06:22 PM   #15

Name: Al
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
We have a Southern Mattress product in our 16' Scamp and, when we bought our 19' Scamp, that was our first modification. I'm 6' 4" / 270 lbs and have been quite satisfied with the mattresses in both campers. No complaints from the missus either.

In full disclosure, we live a couple of miles from their factory and know many of the staff well. They're good people.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:09 PM   #16

Name: Wayne
Trailer: 2006 Casita Liberty Deluxe
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck G. View Post
We would like to here any feedback for those of you who have purchased a mattress from Southern Mattress or Rocky Mountain Mattress (or any other manufacturer). We have a 4" memory foam topper over our seat cushions but have decided that we want to leave the bed down permanently and want to purchase a mattress made for the Casita. We don't want to spend money and then not like the mattress. I am 6'1 and 250 lbs and my wife is 5' and 110 lbs and she does not like to roll into me! As you can imagine we love a good sleep! Thanks! Any feedback would be appreciated!
I am confused. I have a 17 foot Liberty. I read where most of you are talking about a double bed. I thought Casita speaks of the bed being a queen. What is it? Is a short Queen this double you are talking about? With the table down is that a double? When you add the next piece of wood, does that make it the Queen?

Old 04-27-2016, 09:30 PM   #17

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Holder View Post
I am confused. I have a 17 foot Liberty. I read where most of you are talking about a double bed. I thought Casita speaks of the bed being a queen. What is it? Is a short Queen this double you are talking about? With the table down is that a double? When you add the next piece of wood, does that make it the Queen?
The mattress in my 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe is a standard 54" full size mattress. There is no way a 60" Queen size mattress would fit in my trailer unless I did some major modifications. I must have missed it but I never saw any mention of a Queen size bed on the Casita Website.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:18 PM   #18

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
This is the description of the Liberty from their site
"With two dining areas, Liberty Deluxe can quickly go from daytime retreat to a double bed, two small single beds or a large king-size bed."
Old 04-28-2016, 07:55 AM   #19

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
And from the description of the Spirit model:
"...you can leave the rear dinette in the double bed position permanently and use the side dinette for eating."
Old 04-28-2016, 03:59 PM   #20

Name: Patrick
Trailer: R-Vision Trail Lite
New York
My final selection for a sleep upgrade was a memory foam mattress from the Internet seller..WAYSIDE..best price, excellent quality, fast service, free shipping right to my door. Measure space available and search the wayside website. The memory foam mattresses are sent compressed and are available in several thicknesses...I selected an eight inch thick unit that fir my camper in the "Full" size.

Cost was about...$235.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:39 AM   #21

Name: Patrick
Trailer: R-Vision Trail Lite
New York
Correction: Website was ...Wayfair....NOT Wayside.

Tags
casita