New Member with question 17 ft Casita dimensions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2019, 05:27 AM   #1

Name: Nala
Trailer: Casita
South Carolina
New Member with question 17 ft Casita dimensions

Hello all,

This will be my first official post on the forum. I have only been a member here only for a short time but enjoy many of the threads as there is a wealth of info and knowledge here.

As a previous owner of a 2005 Casita in which I sold a few years later I am right back at it and have ordered a 2019 17ft Casita Liberty Deluxe which I will pick up in Rice,TX early Jan 2020. Retiring at years end and plan to travel the country in Jan 2020.

As I make preparations for my camper at my home base I would like to pour small smaller concrete pads so to level the unit when not traveling. I am looking for (2) dimensions to help me with this task. Approximate lengths: 1st, From the ball on the tongue to the center axle. 2nd, the dimension from the center/center of the tire. See attachment

Appreciate the help Alan
Attached Thumbnails
2019-08-01 06_48_42-xAO-V2019-02_Géométrie Externe_Développeur GE Sculpture_TC - [Part28].gif  
Yobeevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:48 AM   #2

Name: jon
Trailer: 2013 Casita 17' SD
Illinois
My 2013 SD dimensions are 11'-2" from ball to axle and 5'5" center of wheel to center of wheel. Have fun in your travels.
jon carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:40 AM   #3

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon carpenter View Post
My 2013 SD dimensions are 11'-2" from ball to axle and 5'5" center of wheel to center of wheel. Have fun in your travels.
Jon, Thanks so much this will be very helpful
Old 08-01-2019, 10:52 AM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
for your pads, you probably want axle to JACK, not to the ball, if you're doing 3 small pads rather than one large one. my casita 16's jack is 10" behind the ball center, and I suspect the 17 has the same tongue. my escape 21 is 11" for what thats worth.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:22 AM   #5

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
Wink Pads?

We simply had a 10'x28' pad added to our "turn-around"..so it wd accomodate virtually any TT we might buy. We had our pad "sloped away from the house" for drainage purposes and we level the TT with a single levelling block when 'parking' it. Works for us bks we are selling our 17 Casita and buying a Escape 21 to haul grandkids along ;-).
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 01:57 PM   #6

South Carolina
Thanks All!

Thanks Jon, and others.....

Finished up the 3 small level pads for my new Casita, his name is " Punk" I would have liked to poured a large pad for better or future accommodations but it would have been cost prohibitive. I believe what I have done will suit me fine...

Thanks to all of you, Alan
Attached Thumbnails
Casita Punk.jpg  
Old 09-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #7

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rveeboy View Post
Thanks Jon, and others.....

Finished up the 3 small level pads for my new Casita, his name is " Punk" I would have liked to poured a large pad for better or future accommodations but it would have been cost prohibitive. I believe what I have done will suit me fine...

Thanks to all of you, Alan
It is perhaps the best solution I have seen in terms of being ecological and leaving lots of permeable surface for water absorption.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita