New old stock uhaul side windows - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #113

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Someone here should volunteer to buy a whole bunch of them so as to spend enough to get free shipping, then distribute them to all the rest of us uhaul owners. I'm curious as to what else they may have used those covers on.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #114

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Someone here should volunteer to buy a whole bunch of them so as to spend enough to get free shipping, then distribute them to all the rest of us uhaul owners. I'm curious as to what else they may have used those covers on.
Thanks for volunteering.

Seriously, though, I wish I'd known this when I recently bought my aluminum tail light adapters. I did pick up a few little 10 cent decals. My favorite: Speed Kills!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #115

Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Is it worth bothering to get the covers, what is the advantage to having them?
Old 10-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #116

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Is it worth bothering to get the covers, what is the advantage to having them?
I think that the main advantage is on some applications like motorhomes, wind whistle.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #117

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Hey,
They snap in, they are cool looking, they act as one way drains a little and maybe cut down on wind noise ( if you are inclined to illegally hauling people in there)

Bob, these easily fit in a firstclass envelope and I think shipping was .60 cents total, if that helps with any indecision...
Old 10-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #118

Florida
Registry
Something else to ponder!

I know this probably requires a new thread, but you most avid UHaulers might be interested.

I have recently located the original stainless steel data plates welded to the frame. Just curious how many others have discovered their own?
Old 10-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #119

New York
Don: did you buy a bunch of those to distribute to us all, and where did you find them? I bought a generic VIN # plate that Donna referenced that is blank and you stamp your numbers on it.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #120

Florida
Registry
Mr. Bob,
I understood YOU volunteered to buy them for everyone!

Be very careful as YOU may be volunteered to soon be a moderator!

The stainless steel data plates I am referring to are the factory installed
originals that are on your frame.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #121

New York
I may have misunderstood the data plate thing. I thought it meant you had found a source to buy them, or did you mean that you had located it on your trailer. Haven't seen one on ours. When I was working we had specific rules to follow, rule #1; it don't matter what you do as long as it looks good on paper, rule #2; never volunteer!!
But back to the window discussion, what is everyone buying for weatherstrip, I got the AS1456 and As789B lock strip. And I have to say that this thread has been the most interesting and fun one of all.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #122

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
I.........I got the AS1456 and As789B lock strip. And I have to say that this thread has been the most interesting and fun one of all.
Bob can you add your comments to this thread (below) so all the correct part numbers are in one thread?

Uhaul Side Windows
Old 10-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #123

New York
Tom: done, but I was wondering if anyone else was in agreement with me, or thought that I was wrong and had a better solution.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #124

Florida
Registry
It's there, I am most certain!!!

Quote:
I may have misunderstood the data plate thing. I thought it meant you had found a source to buy them, or did you mean that you had located it on your trailer. Haven't seen one on ours. When I was working we had specific rules to follow, rule #1; it don't matter what you do as long as it looks good on paper, rule #2; never volunteer!!
But back to the window discussion, what is everyone buying for weatherstrip, I got the AS1456 and As789B lock strip. And I have to say that this thread has been the most interesting and fun one of all.

Mr. Bob,
Any Veteran can tell you that! But as an old geezer once found out (me) being volunteered was one of the best things that happened to him.

Should I sign you up for moderator over at www.Uhaulcamper.com?

Avid UHaulers,
I can't believe after all these years and so much interest in these CT and VT UHaul trailers that no one else has located their factory stainless steel VIN plates that were welded to the frame.

I 'll bet some of you will be crawling around under there...Aaaah, The hunt is on!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #125

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Tom: done, but I was wondering if anyone else was in agreement with me, or thought that I was wrong and had a better solution.
I think your post was perfect.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #126

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt View Post

I 'll bet some of you will be crawling around under there...Aaaah, The hunt is on!
I've never seen mine. I did find the secret tube with the original registration.

I also have a plate welded to the tongue announcing this is NOT the property of UHaul.

Tags
uhaul, windows