*NEW OWNER*: 1971 1300 Boler needs work on BODY/FIBREGLASS, DOOR & WINDOWS. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-02-2016, 07:58 PM   #15

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina.Oake View Post
Hello everyone!

I am the proud new owner of a 1971 1300 Boler ..
Congrats.. get ye to Complete Guide to 13€ Boler Fiberglass Trailers

Esp. http://www.boler-camping.com/portfol...of-your-boler/

and of course: You Can Repair Fiberglass

Old 09-03-2016, 07:30 AM   #16

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
Congrats on the new to you boler. I am in north Edmonton and while I haven't worked on a boler, I may be able to give you some pointers on the fiberglass repair. Had to do some repairs to my old Ventura which had cracks right through the shell. Its not that hard a job working with fiberglass but can be messy. Nice thing is if you get it wrong, you can just grind it out and do it again. Send me a PM and I will send you my contact info.

Old 10-05-2016, 01:15 AM   #17

Name: Mick
Trailer: Boler 1300
Alberta
Not to hijack your thread Regina, but I too just acquired a boler 1300 (after searching for 3 years for the right one!), and am in the Edmonton area. I'd like input on this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talia View Post
Whatever you do, don't try to sand that silicone off, because you can embed it in the fiberglass and then you'll have a whole new set of problems on your hands.
I'll have to pull my windows and do bodywork before I paint. I was just going to sand the silicone off, but won't now. What would be better? Razor blade? I don't care about gouges as I'll be doing a bit of filling anyway.

Thanks,
Mick
Old 10-05-2016, 06:10 AM   #18

Name: Talia
Trailer: Hunter Compact Jr.
USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by runout_mick View Post
Not to hijack your thread Regina, but I too just acquired a boler 1300 (after searching for 3 years for the right one!), and am in the Edmonton area. I'd like input on this post:

I'll have to pull my windows and do bodywork before I paint. I was just going to sand the silicone off, but won't now. What would be better? Razor blade? I don't care about gouges as I'll be doing a bit of filling anyway.

Thanks,
Mick
What worked great for me was to wet a rag with acetone, and lay it over the area for a bit. I covered the rag with aluminum foil to keep it in place and prevent rapid evaporation. After fifteen or twenty minutes the silicone will be the consistancy of toothpaste and you can swipe the rag over the silicone which will remove a good deal of it. The hit it with a plastic scraper to get more, and wipe it down again. If someone has put a lot of silicone on, you may have to repeat the process once or twice. It's soooo much easier than try to scrape all of it off.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:46 AM   #19

Name: Robert
Trailer: Surf-Side
Manitoba
We purchased a replacement thermocouple at our local rv dealer. We have a SurfSide, not a Boler, but I expect that it is the same part for an old furnace. If they don't have it, they can probably order it. Have fun!!

Tags
boler, windows