New owner! Help with front window of trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2016, 07:05 PM   #1

Name: Megan
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
New owner! Help with front window of trillium

Wahoo! Just picked up a new trillium trailer. So thank you in advance for questions I may be posting here. Trillium 1300.

The front window has an awning (don't familiar with the correct term I'm sure) but I'm having trouble getting it open. It says 'beach awning co. Hamilton on' on it. One side seems to have been released from its clip but not the other. Anyone run into this? Thank you!
ms25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:27 PM   #2

Name: Gavin
Ontario
Congrats on your new to you trillium. The front awning is usually referred to as a rock/stone guard. The clips are spring loaded and sometimes it takes a lot of playing around to get them open. One of mine sticks as well on 76 I recently bought. Might just need a little lubrication.
cabnfevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:51 AM   #3

Name: Randy J.
Ontario
I learned that on our '76 tril it works best if I back the wing nuts off until there is no thread showing, then press in. You'll hear a 'click' and notice the frame of the rock guard move a little. You're there. I also find them a little tricky to engage.

Don't know how old your trailer is, but I found the corrugated fiberglass panels in the rock guard to be quite deteriorated - to the point where the little glass strands were sticking out - not good. I replaced them with something else but with hind sight might have tried to refurb them with several coats of polyester resin and some paint.
Randy J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 01:39 PM   #4

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Nova Scotia
My Original front window cover (rock guard) doesn't say Beach awning co. on it? I'm wondering if yours is original? A picture of your cover would help.
Roy S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium