New owner learning question another - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #57
Name: george
Trailer: FunFinder
I suppose a person could buy a ball mount of what they think is "most likely right" at a chain store like a O'Reilly or even wally world, and then when you get to the place to pick up the trailer, try it in the parking lot. If it's the wrong one, just hop in the truck and head to the local retail outlet and exchange for the correct height. Would save the money of having extra ball mounts that may never use.

Me personally......sheesh..... I'm one of those that has a half dozen different ball mounts around. We have enough different trailers around that are in constant motion it seems, pulled by various trucks, it's just easier to have a good variety, with balls already mounted.

gmw photos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #58
Name: Harry
Trailer: 7/24/13...ordered a 2014 13 ft Scamp w/Shower/Toilet
Thanks Brian, that's the first time anyone ever explained the formula. Fortunately, I didn't buy anything yet. Now, for any owners of a newer 13ft Scamp....what is the actual trailer coupler height? I will call Scamp too, but I would like to actually see what owners experience as their coupler height.

Hman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #59
Name: Harry
Trailer: 7/24/13...ordered a 2014 13 ft Scamp w/Shower/Toilet
Thanks George but I am in the category of.... this is the only item ill be towing with only my jeep. Like you said, I'm going to Wally World once I fine tune this a little more....then when the delivery guy arrives hopefully, it will have the correct drop, but ill be able to exchange it if it doesn't look right.
Hman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #60
Name: Tom
Trailer: 1996 Scamp...SD
On my truck /scamp combo had a 3/4 in rise 2 in drop draw bar, rise to high (trailer had a slight wiggle at speed) thought 2 in drop was to low although wiggle went away.....bought a 1 in taller ball and like Goldilocks that combo is just right

Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote