New Scamp shakedown - What accessories needed? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp 13
Arizona
New Scamp shakedown - What accessories needed?

We're traveling from Arizona to Backus early next month to pick up our new Scamp 13', front bath model. We will be camping on the return trip and plan to mix it up from full hook-up sites to dry camping. What accessories will we need to fully utilize and familiarize ourselves with all functions of our Scamp?

So far we have: wheel chocks, BAL leveler, jack pads, T-level, 25' water hose, water bandit, adjustable water pressure regulator with gauge.
morz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by morz4 View Post
We're traveling from Arizona to Backus early next month to pick up our new Scamp 13', front bath model. We will be camping on the return trip and plan to mix it up from full hook-up sites to dry camping. What accessories will we need to fully utilize and familiarize ourselves with all functions of our Scamp?

So far we have: wheel chocks, BAL leveler, jack pads, T-level, 25' water hose, water bandit, adjustable water pressure regulator with gauge.
Power adapters for what ever power you find 110 or 15 amp or 30 amp as well as a good outdoor power extension cord and attachment that goes on the end of your water hose for making the filling of your water tank easier.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by morz4 View Post

I would suggest locks for the hitch to add to your list.
You'll probably need kitchen stuff. I would recommend a small pot stack from an outdoor store. The pots will do double duty as mixing bowls. A small skillet, is also nice. On the first trip plastic silverware and disposable plates might be a good thing that will give you time to decide what you really want. I use a water filter to fill the fresh water tank, you can get by without it, but I've found I have to drain and sanitize the tank less often using a good ceramic/charcoal filter in line when filling the fresh water tank.
You'll also want to have lighters to light the stove with. I carry at least 2 BBQ lighters.
We use sleeping bags for bedding. Makes changing from dinette to bed much easier.

Don't worry about it too much, you'll be going by lots of stores that you can get some of the stuff as you need it.

Relax and enjoy the trip. As you get experience you'll be able to determine the stuff that works for you, that's a never ending process.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:46 AM   #4

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Your trailer will come with a sewer hose but with a 13 footer you may want an extension. I use one because some sites can be long and where I want my trailer sitting the standard sewer hose won't reach the sewer hole.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #5

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Fill your black water and gray water tanks with clean fresh water then empty them through the "slinky" hose to check for leaks. Better to get wet with fresh water than waste water in the event of a bad slinky.
Get a bottle of "Odorlos" black water tank treatment.
Take along a one of those grille lighter stick things for the stove and the water heater.
Don't use the shower without a curtain.
You might consider a fresh water shore water filter ($17 @ Walmart)I use one to protect the trailer and keep the system clean.
A flare/reflector kit.
A brake spoon might be handy ,if you have the skill for it's use.
A small tool kit with a multi screwdriver, pliers, adjustable wrench, a small tarp, A lug wrench and jack (sometimes the tow vehicle's will fit)
duct tape,electrical tape, A length of 3/16ths nylon rope, a tire pressure guage.How about a small First-Aid Kit?
It is important to watch the curbs and angles of approach to driveways and parking lots... take it slow on these until you are able to judge them, to prevent damage.
Don't forget bedding, towels, washrags pillows , along with cooking and dining utensils.
AND,Last for now... Toilet paper. we like to use a container like the one in the photo,remove the core and dispense from the center, this allows you to keep it both dry and handy in the bathroom...
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0101.JPG  
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #6

Name: Harry
Trailer: 7/24/13...ordered a 2014 13 ft Scamp w/Shower/Toilet
Alabama
Thank you from me too. I made a check list from your suggestions for when our Scamp is completed. 10/29
Hman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #7

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
We carry a 6 ton bottle jack, a small compressor, a couple of light chairs, a second length of water hose, and an extension cord.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #8

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
A small collapsible table for outside if boon docking.Also flash litres or battery powered LED lights.
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
A camera, a journal, comfortable chairs for sitting outside. A sense of humor and a love for adventure!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp