New to Scamp with leaking window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2015, 05:55 PM   #1

Name: Emily
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
New to Scamp with leaking window

Probably a thread that covers this already, but our New (83) to us scamp needs a floor replaced because of a leaking window. For now, only the back window is leaking. Do we look into replacing the window, or do we just take it out and replace the seal, assuming we can replace the seal?? Would love some info from you awesome people! Sorry no pics......
Em H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:05 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
considering your window and the seal are 35 years old I would replace them both, the acrylic will haze, get brittle and crack with age, the seal will harden and shrink. Although the information on my site is about Boler's your Scamp is identical. "click" on this link All about Boler / Scamp Front & Rear Windows
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:20 AM   #3

Michigan
Thank you so much. Hope to put as much love and work into our Scamp like Buttercup! Our Egg has "no name" yet.....
Old 06-25-2015, 07:18 AM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Emily
If you are going to replace the floor I would wait to pull and repair the window when you repair the floor. It is good for the extra ventilation and passing tools and cords through the window opening during the floor repair. It gives you a clean walkway through the door. For now I would just temporarily seal your window leak.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:56 AM   #5

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Sound to I that it is a good time to replace ALL off the window seals and to reseal those that can be done in that manner. After 40 some years, unless this has been done recently, new leaks will be in the future of that new floor.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:13 PM   #6

Michigan
Yes, I guess it would be nice to get everything done at once. Just thought we should do the window first, because pretty sure that is the cause of the nasty floor. Projects! Projects! Projects!

Tags
scamp