New to the site and looking for help - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2016, 12:47 PM   #1

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Okanagan
Colorado
New to the site and looking for help

We have owned our camper for several years, when we first bought it it had a roof leak that the dealership insisted was fixed. While preparing our camper for a trip we found mold behind the wallpaper in our sleeping area from the roof leak and I am trying to figure out how to remove the mold from the walls. I know I have to remove the wallpaper completely but would like help with best way to remove the mold so it does not affect us when we are in the camper. Any suggestions would be helpful since I have never done something like this before and want to make sure it is done right. Thanks all.
TheHartmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:47 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Lisa, you have landed on a forum dedicated to all-molded fiberglass towables, i.e., "egg"-type trailers. Ours are constructed with a self-supporting molded fiberglass shell, and most are lined with closed cell foam or some kind of marine headliner material- no wood framework, wood paneling, or wallpaper.

A quick Google search on "Okanagan" leads me to believe yours is a conventional framed trailer with a laminated fiberglass skin. The repair issues are different when it comes to the kind of leak-related damage you describe with mold inside the wall structure. You may get suggestions from members who have previous experience with your build type. But you will probably get more and better help on a general RV site such as iRV2.com.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Hope you are able to get some help!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 04:11 PM   #3

Name: Wally
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Diluted bleach in water works well. You'll have a bleach smell until it dries out but it will definitely kill the mold and mildew. Did I mention it's cheap way to go? lol Make sure area is well ventilated also. Use fan for ventilation and drying.,
Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 04:20 PM   #4

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Okanagan
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven View Post
Diluted bleach in water works well. You'll have a bleach smell until it dries out but it will definitely kill the mold and mildew. Did I mention it's cheap way to go? lol Make sure area is well ventilated also. Use fan for ventilation and drying.,
Thank you. This will help.
TheHartmans is offline   Reply With Quote