New York trailer registration/title - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-14-2006, 07:15 AM   #15

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
For the trailer I'm buying off ebay the seller sent me a picture of the front and back of what they called "Title".

I brought the picture over to my local motor vehicle office to make sure it would be Ok to use to transfer up here in Ontario. The individual at the counter looked at the document and said "Shis is a registration, and not a title. You need a registration"

When I got back I looked at the form a little closer. The top line reads:

New York State Registration Receipt

Above the owners name the word "TRANSFERABLE" is typed. On the back of the form it reads:

VEHICLE TRANSFER INFORMATION
If the front of this document says TRANSFERABLE, complete the items below and give it to the new owner.

So is this a title or not? What does a title look like? (pictures appreciated)

Thanks,
Roy
That is not the title, it is the registration. I moved my Scamp from WI to NY a year ago. My new NY title reads "Certificate of Title" at the top with "New York State" underneath. It has a blue border which reads "Void if Altered" on each side and "Department of Motor Vehicles" on the bottom. The registration is a receipt and is to be kept with the vehicle. Therefore, a thief could have the registration but would not have the Certificate of Title. I will try to take a photo and post it to the list for you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScampNYTitle.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	2978
Attached Thumbnails
ScampNYTitleback.JPG  

Old 05-14-2006, 08:41 AM   #16

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Quote:
That is not the title, it is the registration. I moved my Scamp from WI to NY a year ago. My new NY title reads "Certificate of Title" at the top with "New York State" underneath. It has a blue border which reads "Void if Altered" on each side and "Department of Motor Vehicles" on the bottom. The registration is a receipt and is to be kept with the vehicle. Therefore, a thief could have the registration but would not have the Certificate of Title. I will try to take a photo and post it to the list for you.
Thank you Mary!
Your information is a big help!
Roy

Tags
license, registration, title