Newbie Help - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2016, 03:26 PM   #1

Name: Lionel
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300 pulled by a 2015 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Ontario
Registry
Newbie Help

Hi All!

We purchased a 1976 Trillium 1300 a couple of weeks ago, and so far have ripped almost everything out of the interior (furnace, fridge, sink, cabinet doors, hardware etc). I have a few questions that hopefully someone can help with:

1. Can the insolite wall covering be painted? Good/Bad idea? It is all there, and in relatively good shape but very stained. I have started cleaning it using CLR Mould & Mildew Stain Cleaner but not sure it will ever get totally clean. If it can, what type of paint is recommended? Oh, and whoever figured out that you can boil the seam bands is a genius! Totally warped ones came out like new.

2. The original Converter is long gone. I would like to purchase a new one that would accept a 30 Amp plug, have a couple of 15 amp breakers, 12 volt circuits, and a battery charger. Ideally this would fit in the stock opening (or at least close) Any recommendations or what to stay away from?

3. The wiring to the outlets all need to be replaced. Is this standard 14/2 house wire or does it need to be different for an RV?

4. Does anyone know a replacement for the stock shocks?

5. I will have some leftovers from the demo, but not sure what to keep and what to throw out. Let me know if anyone needs parts from a fridge (no door and in pretty bad shape but the little freezer door is there), Furnace (just the housing left and some bits on the back), taps and pump tap, 1 light without cover, cabinet doors, etc. Not looking for any money for them, just feedback on whether they are worth keeping for someone else.

I am sure I will have many more questions. :-)

Thanks!
LionelAucoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:13 PM   #2

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionelAucoin View Post
Hi All!

We purchased a 1976 Trillium 1300 a couple of weeks ago, and so far have ripped almost everything out of the interior (furnace, fridge, sink, cabinet doors, hardware etc). I have a few questions that hopefully someone can help with:

1. Can the insolite wall covering be painted? Good/Bad idea? It is all there, and in relatively good shape but very stained. I have started cleaning it using CLR Mould & Mildew Stain Cleaner but not sure it will ever get totally clean. If it can, what type of paint is recommended? Oh, and whoever figured out that you can boil the seam bands is a genius! Totally warped ones came out like new.

Great stuff my wife worked hard at it but got it to a clean off white

2. The original Converter is long gone. I would like to purchase a new one that would accept a 30 Amp plug, have a couple of 15 amp breakers, 12 volt circuits, and a battery charger. Ideally this would fit in the stock opening (or at least close) Any recommendations or what to stay away from?

We have or original and it is only 15 amp works fine for us but we do not have a lot of requirements. The old unit is larger than newer ones.

3. The wiring to the outlets all need to be replaced. Is this standard 14/2 house wire or does it need to be different for an RV?

Ours had wires like used in a heavy duty extension cord maybe due to flex of the trailer.

4. Does anyone know a replacement for the stock shocks?

Monroe has some good units if you have shocks check with a NAPA dealer

5. I will have some leftovers from the demo, but not sure what to keep and what to throw out. Let me know if anyone needs parts from a fridge (no door and in pretty bad shape but the little freezer door is there), Furnace (just the housing left and some bits on the back), taps and pump tap, 1 light without cover, cabinet doors, etc. Not looking for any money for them, just feedback on whether they are worth keeping for someone else.

pictures would help other decide

I am sure I will have many more questions. :-)

Hope your rebuild goes well

Thanks!

added response inside the quotes