We purchased a 1976 Trillium
1300 a couple of weeks ago, and so far have ripped almost everything out of the interior (furnace, fridge
, sink, cabinet doors, hardware etc). I have a few questions that hopefully someone can help with:
1. Can the insolite wall covering be painted? Good/Bad idea? It is all there, and in relatively good shape but very stained. I have started cleaning it using CLR Mould & Mildew Stain Cleaner but not sure it will ever get totally clean. If it can, what type of paint
is recommended? Oh, and whoever figured out that you can boil the seam bands is a genius! Totally warped ones came out like new.
2. The original Converter is long gone. I would like to purchase a new one that would accept a 30 Amp plug, have a couple of 15 amp breakers, 12 volt circuits, and a battery
charger. Ideally this would fit in the stock opening (or at least close) Any recommendations or what to stay away from?
3. The wiring to the outlets all need to be replaced. Is this standard 14/2 house wire or does it need to be different for an RV?
4. Does anyone know a replacement for the stock shocks?
5. I will have some leftovers from the demo, but not sure what to keep and what to throw out. Let me know if anyone needs parts from a fridge
(no door and in pretty bad shape but the little freezer door is there), Furnace
(just the housing left and some bits on the back), taps and pump tap, 1 light
without cover, cabinet doors, etc. Not looking for any money for them, just feedback on whether they are worth keeping for someone else.
I am sure I will have many more questions. :-)