no spit - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2007, 05:29 PM   #1

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp ('Dacha' Russian summer house) / 2006 Tacoma V6
This should be simple and not require an electrical engineer. No batteries required.
How do stick suction cups to fiberlass or glass? I know-water or spit. Is there a better way? I seem to remember that glycerine was recommended but I cannot locate some. The pharmacist was calling Home Land secuity as I ran out the door! No no that stuff. Seriously, what is the answer? My hooks are sliding as we speak.
jim munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
For me i rub it with a small amount of cooking oil then take a dry rag and clean it off real good and stick it to the wall..... in the old day i used to just rub my finger inside the disc to give it a little oil but my skin is much too dry now
OR just get those kind of suction cups that have a lever that you close when it's up against the wall.......... i really like them.
joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #3

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Butyl.

That stuff sticks to everything, and cleans off easily when you get bored with it.

I have little knick knack stuff stuck to the "shelf" ring on the Burro.. Stuck down with tiny bits of Butyl. None have fallen while in tow.

I have the same suction cup problem and this weekend, after sticking back up stuff, I thought to put a little butyl in the cup, but forgot.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:59 AM   #4

Trailer: 94 Casita 16 ft
I've used silicone grease with some success. I purchased a small tube of spark plug boot grease at a local auto parts supplier. Cheap like borscht, and doesn't go bad.
Paul from NWOnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:08 PM   #5

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp ('Dacha' Russian summer house) / 2006 Tacoma V6
What do you use to attach suction cups? Water spit or? I think I used to use glycerine but don't know where to find it. My cups are slipping as we speak. I mean on glass and fiberglass.
jim munson is offline   Reply With Quote