No vin on play pac= no title=no regiatratuin - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2011, 05:50 AM   #61

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
When I first got my Sprinter Van and went to get it on the road I ran into problems with the inspections process here in Missouri.
For some reason we have both a Safety and Emissions inspection required to get plates and they happen at different locations?

Trying to get the Emissions inspection I was told I was over the Weight Threshold somehow,Well the Sprinter was not me.and that I was exempt from needing the inspection.

So I went to a DMV office and they told me I needed an exemption certificate. So I went back to the inspection station,got a certificate that they of course had not given me before?

Went back to DMV and I bet you know what happens?

Long story short,I left and went to a different DMV office and threw the whole thing at them.
They asked if I had by any chance been to a certain other DMV office already and mentioned the one I had started at?
Evidently the woman running that 1st office is notorious for causing headaches and has her own way of interpreting the rules.

I paid my money and walked out with my new plates,10 minutes tops.

What I am getting at is maybe the same kind of thing has you in its grip?
The DMV people here have absolute job security and some seem to have no concern at all for the people they are paid to serve who also are the ones who pay them really.

Good Luck
Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:00 AM   #62

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Maybe you better wait to hear from you aunt before you make phone calls.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #63

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Registry
New vin location for Play PAC!!!

Meghan! No time for photos or any of that jazz - I have about 1/10 of one bar here on my phone (cape blanco Oregon)! So I was inspecting the plY PAC this morning and found ANOTHER location with the VIN!!!! It's right under the left (driver's side) rear brake light on the back of the PP. It's stamped into the fiberglass. Go check it now! I hope this ends it all! Good luck! - paul
Paul Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #64

Name: Meghan
Trailer: Play Pac
New York
Registry
It's there!!!!!!!! You have saved me from this nightmare!!!!!!!! Thank you thank you!!!! * happy dance*
Meghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #65

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Way to go Paul!

Congratulations Meghan!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #66

New York
Registry
Off to DMV tomorrow!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #67

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
Awesome, glad to hear another location was found!!
Panoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #68

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
YEA----------------I hadn't made a comment because I didn't know what to say to make you feel better---but I have been thinking about you----and now I'll go thank the Big G for prayers answered!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #69

Name: John
Trailer: gave up!!
California
This is awesome!!!! I was sweating it out for Meghan over this!!
John_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #70

Name: Sheryl
Trailer: '99 Casita 17'LD
Montana
Registry
Meghan, I'm so relieved for you. What a great reminder of how great this site is!!!
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #71

Name: jim
Trailer: 1973Playpac&1960Yellowstone
Florida
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
Off to DMV tomorrow!!!
way to go Paul Go get um Mehgan,Give em hell.maybe you can get personal tag that says "DMV SUCS",Jim from down under
olhippiejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #72

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Too cool You go girl! May I suggest one of these, stamped with the VIN and fastened someplace:
Attached Images

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #73

Trailer: Burro 13 ft
Congrats, Meghan!!! I'm soooo relieved for you. There's nothing like frustration and stress to make the hair gray and the stomach churn. I agree with Ed about the DMV. We have Sideshow Bob working at ours... looks and personality!
Susi M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #74

Trailer: Play Pac 1973
Registry
Paul,

How come I never noticed that? (Paul just bought the Play Pac from me!). You must really be checking that thing out, inch by inch. Sure hope you had a great time. Also, thanks for the wine, I'm sitting at the computer, having some now.

How cool you could help out with this!

Congratutlation Megan!

Former Play Pac owner, now I've moved (up?) to a fiberglass RV, a 1984 Toyota Sunrader. It's a shame that the 97 HP, 20mpg motorhome couldn't pull the Play Pac, they'd have looked so cool together

Steve
Stephen T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #75

Name: jim
Trailer: 1973Playpac&1960Yellowstone
Florida
Cool title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
It's there!!!!!!!! You have saved me from this nightmare!!!!!!!! Thank you thank you!!!! * happy dance*
SOOO Meghan Did you get the dmv to give you a title?Please let us know we are waiting to hear from you
olhippiejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #76

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Registry
just back from our EPIC trip up north along the west coast!

Meghan ... i was so unnerved by your experience since with my two earlier U Hauls, i had the same problem with our DMV. the first one i drove 8 hours to Riverside and the creep said he had the title in a safe. when i got there 'oops, cant seem to find it.' but he assured me he would sign off on a lost title form. its easy to say i should have turned around, but when you just blew $150 on gas, took a day off and rented a truck ... so he left town, turned off his phone, and never sent me the paperwork. ugh. second one was shipped from a guy who never had the title all 15 years he owned it and they didn't require a title back then in NY or whatever ...

both occasions the folks at DMV were fairly unsympathetic and even a bit mean-spirited. even gloating with a 'looks-like-someone-wont-be-getting-a-title-for-their-new-expensive-paperweight' vibe. i kept going back and figured eventually their ineptitude would sway to my favor - and it did on both occasions. i got them both titled but was left frazzled.

so i really felt for you Meghan and once we got our new Play Pac to the campground, i crawled all over the thing! front to back and top to bottom hoping beyond hope there might be another VIN location - et viola - i found that second VIN location! i jumped in the truck and started driving trying to find a signal so i could send the good news.

Steve, glad to hear you are enjoying the wine - i'll bet not half as much as we are enjoying the Play Pac! but i dont want to hijack this thread, so i'll start a new one for our fellow Play Pac(ers) once i download our trip photos.

best of luck at the DMV Meghan. i cant wait to hear your victory story about triumphantly walking into the DMV and showing them your VIN.
Paul Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #77

Name: Dan
Trailer: popup currently, I feel dirty ;-)
Colorado
Congrats Meghan, on finding the VIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
The state of IL folks registered our previously-owned Burro as homemade, not us, so it is done on these trailers in some places, even by the DMV folks..

CindyL
That's how it was done here in CO, too. My Scamp has a "homemade trailer" vin #.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Too cool You go girl! May I suggest one of these, stamped with the VIN and fastened someplace:
Do you know where I could get a little sucker like that? I'd like to add the assigned VIN I have to my trailer.
LurkerDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:54 AM   #78

New York
Registry
Paul,
I have been telling everyone in my life my story. I always say "there is this amazing person all the way out on the west coast who went out of his way (on his vacation!) to find the VIN then went out of his way to get the information to me. I am so thankful to him!"
I cant tell you how much I appreciate what you did and it is so heartening to see people that that actually care about other people...whether they know them or not.
I am still in DMV limbo...but that is better than in DMV ...jail...with no answers from the powers that be. Yesterday we parked 1/2 mile away, then had to walk around in circles, then run down the sidewalk to get to the DMV before they closed at a nice early summer hours closing time of 3:45. Only to find out the dmv we were at didnt have plates. So first thing this morning I am going to my local dmv ( oh please dont let me get the mean gloating woman that made me cry the other day!!) and I will let you know my progress. I believe I will come back with plates in my hand...this is maybe the 5th time I thought this, so lets hope this time its for real!
Thank You so much Paul! I cant wait to see pics ...if you arent too busy camping that is!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Chet View Post
just back from our EPIC trip up north along the west coast!

Meghan ... i was so unnerved by your experience since with my two earlier U Hauls, i had the same problem with our DMV. the first one i drove 8 hours to Riverside and the creep said he had the title in a safe. when i got there 'oops, cant seem to find it.' but he assured me he would sign off on a lost title form. its easy to say i should have turned around, but when you just blew $150 on gas, took a day off and rented a truck ... so he left town, turned off his phone, and never sent me the paperwork. ugh. second one was shipped from a guy who never had the title all 15 years he owned it and they didn't require a title back then in NY or whatever ...

both occasions the folks at DMV were fairly unsympathetic and even a bit mean-spirited. even gloating with a 'looks-like-someone-wont-be-getting-a-title-for-their-new-expensive-paperweight' vibe. i kept going back and figured eventually their ineptitude would sway to my favor - and it did on both occasions. i got them both titled but was left frazzled.

so i really felt for you Meghan and once we got our new Play Pac to the campground, i crawled all over the thing! front to back and top to bottom hoping beyond hope there might be another VIN location - et viola - i found that second VIN location! i jumped in the truck and started driving trying to find a signal so i could send the good news.

Steve, glad to hear you are enjoying the wine - i'll bet not half as much as we are enjoying the Play Pac! but i dont want to hijack this thread, so i'll start a new one for our fellow Play Pac(ers) once i download our trip photos.

best of luck at the DMV Meghan. i cant wait to hear your victory story about triumphantly walking into the DMV and showing them your VIN.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:54 AM   #79

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerDan View Post
Congrats Meghan, on finding the VIN!

That's how it was done here in CO, too. My Scamp has a "homemade trailer" vin #.

Do you know where I could get a little sucker like that? I'd like to add the assigned VIN I have to my trailer.
Dan, here's a direct link: https://www.koolrides.com/catalog/pr...372ae24d9cae3b
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:22 AM   #80

New York
Registry
Guess what I have!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
image-1347063042.jpg  

Tags
vin