Well the new vent is installed. I still need to order a set of keyed alike cam locks...want at least the 2 for the fridge
the same. a 3rd for the umbilical cord would be nice too.
I spent several hours bending aluminum to modify/recreate the baffle to direct the heat and exhaust outside. I did have to tuck some fiberglass insulation in there because I now understand why the vent was as small as it was with the galley kinda in the way. But the new hole is larger and I ran the fridge
for 48 hours, didn't set off the CO alarm and no more smell of unburned propane
, and I got about a 40' difference in outside air to inside fridge at coldest setting....so real happy with that in a near empty fridge. I did contemplate adding a 12 volt fan to help direct the heat out but seems to be working well now.