Norcold not serviced in my area, need new refrigerator - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-01-2009, 02:06 PM   #1

Name: Dan
Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft "Siesta"
Oregon
Registry
I'm looking at what small refrigerator to use in my 13' scamp and found one my wife and I like from Norcold, model 322. Before I bought it I thought I would ask the local RV places what the difference between Norcold and Dometic. The couple of places near me said they pulled out of servicing Norcold because they couldn't get them to pay for warranty work. They also said customers regularly call to say they have checked 10 to 15 places and no one services the Norcold. We like the way the Norcold shelf is angled to get large items in, but I can probably fabricate something along those lines for the dometic. Any comments on problems with Norcold or Dometic, other than the typical one on having to vent the back properly?

Old 12-02-2009, 03:14 AM   #2

Name: Bill and Jacquie G.
Trailer: Trillium 1978 13 ft
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
I'm looking at what small refrigerator to use in my 13' scamp and found one my wife and I like from Norcold, model 322. Before I bought it I thought I would ask the local RV places what the difference between Norcold and Dometic. The couple of places near me said they pulled out of servicing Norcold because they couldn't get them to pay for warranty work. They also said customers regularly call to say they have checked 10 to 15 places and no one services the Norcold. We like the way the Norcold shelf is angled to get large items in, but I can probably fabricate something along those lines for the dometic. Any comments on problems with Norcold or Dometic, other than the typical one on having to vent the back properly?
Contact Norcold and Dometic, they will help you make a good connection for good service. They both have been in business for along time.
Bill

Tags
refrigerator