now onto propane regulators.... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #15

Trailer: Boler 1700SGH (Stage II twoftitis)
Well, I took the collective advice from here and decided to just call a gas fitter to see what they have and how much they'd charge me. I got exactly what PeterH pointed to, plus 2 POL T's with appliance fittings (one per tank), and all the hoses/fittings required. I simply went to TempHeat here in calgary, explained what I wanted to do and how I thought I would do it. He walked around his parts room picking out all the pieces, went over to the vice, assembled it all, and handed it to me. above regulator, above tee's, 3 hoses, and misc fittings, all assembled in about 5 minutes for $170...

I returned my $90 worth of incomplete and useless fittings and I have reached a panacea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5473.sized.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	8120

Thanks for everyone's help.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #16

Name: Al
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
Herb (or anyone else who might want to comment), sorry that I'm a little late finding this thread but have some questions if you don't mind.

We have dual tanks with an auto changeover regulator that works fine but we also have some a stove and seafood steamer with high pressure regulators. I use a five pound tank and POL "Tee" with quick disconnects to serve both appliances but the small tank has run out a couple of times in the middle of cooking and I've had remove a tank from the Scamp to complete the meal.

My intended solution is to add a "Tee" to each line between the tank and regulator and to plumb in a female quick disconnect off the leg of each "Tee". This would give me a high pressure source from either of the tanks. A 20' line with a male quick disconnect on one end (access to either tank) and a "Tee" with two female quick disconnects on the other (plug in the stove, steamer or both) should keep me in business.

NOTE: Quick Disconnects for propane are similar in appearance to those used for air lines but apparently are different - I've had trouble getting those to fully seal sometimes. Link to those specified for use in propane applications
http://www.propane-generators.com/quick_disconnect.htm

Comments and suggestions appreciated - Al

Old 06-07-2007, 12:28 PM   #17

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
... add a "Tee" to each line between the tank and regulator and to plumb in a female quick disconnect off the leg of each "Tee". This would give me a high pressure source from either of the tanks....
NOTE: Quick Disconnects for propane are similar in appearance to those used for air lines but apparently are different - I've had trouble getting those to fully seal sometimes. Link to those specified for use in propane applications
http://www.propane-generators.com/quick_disconnect.htm

Comments and suggestions appreciated - Al
That page has a link on it which says "If you require high pressure quick disconnects click here"... and links back to the same page. I don't know if that's just an extra link on the page, or if it implies that this page is low-pressure stuff and there should be a separate page for high-pressure, such as Propane Parts (with the QDC-HP kit). Which ones are the high-pressure connectors we would need?

And Al, why not use the much more common high-pressure needle valves, as I did? They're not quick-disconnect, but they each take only a few seconds with no tools. My local barbecue specialty store has ready-made hoses in many lengths, plus all the tees and adapters needed.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:08 PM   #18

Name: Al
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
Thanks for the follow-up Brian. My bad on the link - I knew that site offered both styles and I posted the wrong one. The qwik disconnect option is of more interest because the lines to my stoves are already rigged that way for connection to the 5lb tank I now use. The setup you described is certainlyl an option though.

Al