Now where the heck did I put that? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-16-2003, 03:55 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Floor Plan

We have a floor plan of the trailer on the computer. Everything that is in it is listed in the area of the trailer it goes with the weights of each item. (we had problems with sway on the former Tent trailer. All the storage was on one side)

We have numerous floorplans depending on the type of camping...weekend, week, travel etc. and time of year and if we are taking extra kids. We also usually don't camp at hydro sites so have all hydro related things in a bin we can take if we know we'ell have hydro. Of course when travelling the hydro stuff always goes with us.

We too have really cut back on what we take especially when travelling. If we don't use it on one trip it doesn't go the next.

We added a storage box above the propane tank to keep outside related things in. Like the BBQ, Coleman stove, ropes, pegs, axe, etc.
The more you camp the more you discover what is convenient and what is needed.

Nancy

Old 01-16-2003, 06:25 PM   #16

Storage Box

Nancy;

Why haven't you posted a picture of your storage box? I haven't seen one above the LP tanks before. Let's see what that looks like! Please? :lol

Old 01-16-2003, 06:57 PM   #17

Me, too.

:wave Yoohoo, Nancy! Got a picture of that storage box? I sure would like to see it. ;)
Old 01-16-2003, 08:21 PM   #18

Storage box

Right now the box isn't on it. The box is a large black plastic cargo type box from Walmart and we bolt in on a frame my husband built. We took it off for winter. Right now the frame is covered in about a foot of snow but I'll see if I can get some sort of picture tomorrow.

It was really tricky designing the frame around the propane tank and battery and also the dolly wheel swings up above the frame. A welder really would have been handy.

We haven't used the box camping yet as he just built in last Sept. but for years we kept the outdoor stuff in a bin that sat on the floor of the trailer during travel and we set outside upon arrival.
Nancy
Old 01-21-2003, 04:38 PM   #19

Roberts storage issues

My contribution to your dilemma is this..Since you keep the bed down as I do, I found a tray about 12''x16''x2'' and put tracks under the tabletop/bed and that holds all cutlery and works with bed up or down!.When travelling I secure with 2 bulldog clips.
Also I have found that 2 toy hammocks from the $1.00 store slung diagonally from the corners are great for paperbacks,rolled towels etc and can be removed when not needed.
I cannot easily get to the storage pods at the head and foot of the bed ,has anyone put in access doors from outside? I could have this done but would lose a little side light ??