O.K., Here I go again with AWNINGS. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-21-2008, 07:53 PM   #15

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
O.T, but.... Last night we had 2 inches of this lovely white stuff - - and today it snowed for another 2 more hours while I'z at work....

Old 05-25-2008, 06:43 AM   #16

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
Looky, looky what came today!!!

Attachment 12146

Now all the snow today doesn't seem too bad!

Mike
Mike,
Any pictures of your awning installed yet? Thinking of ordering one from there, did you have any problems or concerns?

Old 05-25-2008, 04:04 PM   #17

Trailer: 1981 Boler 13 ft / 2005 Dodge Caravan
Registry
Quote:
Mike,
Any pictures of your awning installed yet? Thinking of ordering one from there, did you have any problems or concerns?
Hi Lenna,
Our Awning from interwest Sports came on Friday.It fits our 1981 Boler 13' perfectly.It is very light ,weight only about fifteen pounds ,and is very easy to set up and store.We had no problems with ordering or shipping.It arrived less than two weeks after ordering.We asked them to ship it to us USPS as we had heard horror stories of costs added by ups or fed X,when shipping to Canada.The only thing we had to pay upon delivery was $10.00 for GST and PST...We are very pleased with the awing and we are now going to order the screen house to attach to it.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:58 PM   #18

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
We are very pleased with the awing and we are now going to order the screen house to attach to it.
I hope you'll post some comments about the screen room. Our Scamp is not quite tall enough to work with most of the screen rooms I've found so far. They all seem to be cut for a taller trailer. Maybe someday I'll change the axle and end up with a taller trailer, but I like the fact that I can squeeze it under the garage door at the present height (7' with the vent cover removed).

Thanks,
Parker
Old 05-26-2008, 09:15 AM   #19

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Yep, be great to get some pictures Mike!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:01 PM   #20

New awning came today. Not completely attached to camper yet but set up enough to know I love it! Only took 1 1/2 wks to be delivered.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2263.JPG  
Old 06-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #21

That looks great Lenna! Might have to go for one of these myself.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:02 PM   #22

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
New awning came today. Not completely attached to camper yet but set up enough to know I love it! Only took 1 1/2 wks to be delivered.

WOW, looks great! OK, now I need the stats....

What brand?
What size?
How many inches above the rain gutter (above door) is the rail installed?
How long is the rail?
Do the legs anchor in case of wind?

Thanks!

Old 06-11-2008, 06:16 PM   #23

It is a bag awning from interwestsports.com. It is the supreme model.
Mine is 8 feet long.
The rail was already on my camper but it is 4 1/4 inches above the rain gutter above the door.
My rail is 7'9" long.
There are pegs with hooks on them that go into the ground and there are metal rings on the legs that hook onto them so that they don't move. I currently don't have the pegs in and the legs aren't moving.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:36 PM   #24

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Scamp / 2006 Honda Element
That looks almost identical to my A&E Trimline bag awning... I just installed a short time ago.

My question is... has anyone come up with the optimal setup procedure for these things? Even with my wife helping... I have a heck of a time. Do you guys unroll it while holding it up... and extend the legs/horizontal extension while holding it up? Or perhaps let it unroll straight down, extend horizontal extensions... then pick it up and begin to extend the legs? Maybe something else entirely?

Old 06-27-2008, 08:57 AM   #25

Along with getting my tiki torch to 'work'... I think I figured out a decent way to get the Trimline awning out... by myself no less (as a storm was approaching no less... so I'm ready to perform under pressure!).

I let it out straight down to the ground.... I release the horizontal poles and extend just enough straight up so they would losely touch the top of the trailer (wrap velcro at center of awning around them)... I pick up the awning and bring it out to extended position... release one extension on vertical pole (there are two on each leg)... release one extension on the other leg... go back and release the second extensions on each leg (and we're up)... then attach and fully extend to tighten the horizontal poles. Oh, and this was all greatly simplified by using a magic marker to circle the position at which I tighten/engage each of the horizontal/vertical extension poles... for the next time.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:04 AM   #26

New A&E Trimline awning deployed at Viking Lake State Park in southwestern Iowa.

Click image for larger version

Name:	scamp3.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	14165

Old 07-16-2008, 12:19 PM   #27

Ok, just ordered a 8' Supreme Bag Awning from interwestsports.com for my 13' Trillium - Thanks Lenna for posting your Trillium picture to help with my decision.

It is a gray/black one like Mike bought (for reference is called 'Vulcan' gray and is a $30 extra cost due to not being a stock color and being a little heavier canvas). It was $337 Canadian out door - cost more for shipping to Canada of course. Though we have the beige trailer like Lennas our Trillium is slowly being accented with black instead of the orange she has - plus our TV is silver.

On a side note interwestsports.com has a note on their website stating that prices are increasing after today.

Will post pictures when we get it.

Booker

Old 07-17-2008, 01:10 PM   #28

Trailer: 1977 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
Mike, thats EGGactly as mine is. I positioned the bag so the overhang is equal on both ends of the rail and drilled a small hole the higher lip of the rail (do this on both front n back ends) and screw in an appropriate sized (preferably stainless) screw after the bag is inserted in the track This is tightened just enough to hold the bag in place and should/might cut a small hole through the fabric of the bag and into the small plastic rod embedded in the bag. This may sound confusing, but it works for me...
Just a thought. Now that you have effectively tapped a hole in the bracket with the screw threads, just remove each screw, blunt the end with a file or some such and reinsert it. You no longer have a screw, you have a detent sorta that will not tear your bag.