OK you math wizards--I dare ya! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-26-2009, 05:05 PM   #15
Name: Vickie
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Roy, the 3/4 " MDF is what is already on there (I thought????) So I was trying to find out what the doors really do weigh, and how much difference it makes to change them for something else. Although you are right, Roy, the present doors are probably not 3/4 inch thick. I'll have to go to the storage place and check it out again when I do some measurements!

Hey, Mark--I have 2 guinea pigs that weigh about 2 pounds each----I get rid of a door or 2, and I can bring them (and in an emergency I hear they are delicious!)

All RIGHT Greg---now I know who can carry my yarn and crochet needles!

Go Mrs. PJ! Crockpots??? I better go read the recipe section---there's more than hamburgers and hot dogs??????

No, no Parker---I just have doors like everybody else. And at first I was thinking this isn't a box I have, but then I thought a sq. inch is a sq inch, (like flat pieces of tile, etc.) so I thought this equation would work. Maybe I was wrong. Anyway, I figure the doors and hardware probably come to 30 to 40 lbs. Probably closer to 30, since I had questimated the closet door was 14 lbs. and Lizbeth said hers was 9.5.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, KU! Now on to the Husker game, go Big Red! (I'm a CornHawk---born and raised in Kansas, living in Nebraska

1988 Perris Pacer
2010 Honda Ridgeline
2013 Winnebago Minnie 2101FBS
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #16
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
If you're looking to lighten the load.... something to consider, which is what folks crossing from US into Canada are doing.. and that's leave the food at home and shop when you get where you're going. Okay... take the potato chips! But seriously, menu planning first, unhooking next and then shopping may save you more towing weight than you imagine. Of course this all depends on your type of camping... maybe a store won't be within 50 miles. But, I know when I go to the Oregon Gathering I buy all (95%) of my groceries in Bandon... I'm not going to haul groceries when it's not absolutely necessary. I always buy drinking water for instance and BEER. I just consider the (perhaps) increase in food costs to be part of the overall camping experience and budget for the cost.

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote