Oliver: How do you get all 4 speakers to work with the TV? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2017, 06:51 AM   #1

Name: OnTheRoadAgain
Trailer: Oliver
Tennessee
Question Oliver: How do you get all 4 speakers to work with the TV?

We only get the 2 speakers to work that aren't stereo so far on the Oliver when we watch TV.

How do you get all 4 to work on non-stereo TV broadcasts at once?

How do we hold our mouths' right?

| 2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II | 2016 Toyota Tundra |
Oliver_Elite2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:12 AM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
Not sure if you have the Furrion or Jensen. On the Furrion just ensure the buttons for speakers A and B are both pushed in. You should hear all four speakers regardless of input. If the issue is just both right speakers or just the left speakers, check the connections on the back of the TV. Sometimes they can work themselves loose.
2016 Oliver Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:28 AM   #3

Tennessee
We have the Furrion. Thanks we will check it out. Need to read those all important manuals more carefully. Haven't had enough play time to check it out thoroughly yet. Thank you very much for your kind response!

Old 07-24-2017, 02:06 PM   #4

Tennessee
C and M,

Discussed this with the resident expert. We need to go spy the buttons on the Ollie TV back. He's in indoor storage (Oliver not DH ha!) at the moment. Since our memory foam twin/king compartment has the squishy bed would you believe we haven't ventured to the back of the TV yet. ?

I accidently triggered the smoke/co2 detector and just getting back there was major acrobatics. So we know it works! Ha!

Yes the left side looking to the bed (TV side) is working and the right side not working. I really want to be able to hear the speaker overhead on the dinette. I am going very deaf in my left ear so it's a real problem with no right channel.

Where exactly are the two buttons? Apparent or recessed?
The front panel doesn't have anything. We never guessed that the back on a flat screen would have any adjustments or input/outputs.

The panel on the wall for the Furrion controls has jack inputs etc. So we thought it would be in the menuing somewhere. That was going to be our next project to find out.

The Oliver is AMAZING just how many bells and whistles it has. The engineering and fit and finish are fantastic. Bet we will be discovering more features even years down the road.

Sure can't fault Oliver for all the manuals and organization you get with an Ollie. Well done on documentation. Now sitting down and reading the hundreds of pages is another matter. But I would much rather have too much information vs. none at all for sure.

Can't wait for a nice long FL campout again to discover even more of Oliver's charm.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:55 PM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
The speaker buttons are on the Furrion, not the TV. The speaker cables connect on the back of the TV, sounds like you have one that is loose or disconnected since you are only getting one side of the stereo output. One cable is red, the other white. Make sure they are plugged in.
2016 Oliver Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:14 PM   #6

Tennessee
Just that simple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol and Mike View Post
The speaker buttons are on the Furrion, not the TV. The speaker cables connect on the back of the TV, sounds like you have one that is loose or disconnected since you are only getting one side of the stereo output. One cable is red, the other white. Make sure they are plugged in.
We will investigate. Great if it's just a loose cable.

The 2 speakers since the very first day we laid eyes on him never did function. Wow could it just have been that simple a production/installation oversight?

We thought it was a mono/stereo broadcast difference. Not ever having had any stereo broadcasting to figure this out.

Whew good to know! Thank you again!

Old 07-25-2017, 10:37 PM   #7

Registry
Do you get sound from both sides if using an input other than the TV such as from the radio? If so, check the TV as Mike suggested, if not, then one of the speaker outputs on the back of the Furrion has probably become disconnected. You'll need to pull the radio from the wall to check that.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:55 AM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Do you still have your 2008 Oliver steve? If so, I was wondering if you have had any issues with it? Since it's getting up there in years I wondered if anything has come up during that time like a water leak or something. Thanks in advance.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:26 AM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Do you still have your 2008 Oliver steve? If so, I was wondering if you have had any issues with it? Since it's getting up there in years I wondered if anything has come up during that time like a water leak or something. Thanks in advance.
Ken we sold our first Oliver in 2013 after 5 years. According to the current owner, he has had no issues. I have several friends that still have Oliver's of that era. As far as I know, none have had any major problems. Our current Oliver is 4 years old (it was the first one of the new 23.5 footers built for a customer.)
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:38 PM   #10

Name: RandyB
Trailer: The BIG "O"
New Hampshire
I believe that both the furrion and the TV also have balance controls, it might be easier to double check that everything is centered before digging for connections.

If radio comes out of both, then just check TV balance, then TV connections
RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:48 AM   #11

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Ken C,

I still own my 2008 Oliver. It has travelled well for about 106,000 miles and is currently at the very northern tip of Newfoundland. Not even some of these pot hole ridden bumpy roads can make it show any weaknesses. This Ollie is built like a tank! My experience with it so far has been extermely positive.

Pete

O_E2, I upgraded to the Furrion system for its Bluetooth capabilities and discovered the manual can get pretty deep in the weeds. Hopefully, a bit of time spent with it will fix your problem.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver