Opinions on cushion colors? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #1

Name: Aaron
Trailer: Bigfoot Camper
Washington
Opinions on cushion colors?

I been working on my moms new trailer with her.WE found were missing some cushions and parts of the bunkbed.I called the factory and since this is a 89 model pieceing the interior together with matching colors isnt a option.That leaves us with buying all new interior and thats what we plan on doing.The color in it now is brown and its not our favorite.So that leaves us with Blue or Green cushions.Were leaning twords the Green since it seems to look a bit more homie in the pics weve seen.Anyone have either color that could say what they have thought of it.Ive always liked Blue but im not sure how it looks in these.Its a 16ft fron bunkbed model.Thanks Aaron
aaronmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I agree, brown is boring... BUT it doesn't show stains easily either (ask me how I know). So, I'd go with what ever color is the darker... dark blue vs light green? After all this is going to be used camping and worrying about staining the fabric shouldn't be a top priority! Brighten it up with colorful throw pillows, you'd be surprised how bright colors on pillows and curtains can liven up the interior.

YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #3

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
I have dark green in my Scamp and really like it.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #4

Washington
The green they have now is a dark green.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #5

Washington
Here are some pics I found in the for sale adds with the blue and green colors the have now.
Attached Thumbnails
2.jpg   3.jpg  

Old 06-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #6

Name: Tabitha
Trailer: 1991 Scamp 13'
Virginia
I'd vote green, from those photos. the blue looks kind of greyish and blah.
Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #7

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Our 1980 Bigfoot 15B17G originally had brown, white, and orange plaid on the cushions. With all the brown wood tones on the walls, there was too much brown. We switched to green cushions with red accent pillows. We're very happy with that choice.

1980 Bigfoot :: front dinette picture by tomNjo - Photobucket
Old 06-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #8

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Originally I had wanted forest green cushions for my new 13' Scamp which I purchased new last summer. Unfortunately they had run out of that color. As it turns out I am now glad that we chose a greenish brown color "breen". While it looks "blah" on its own it is a great background color as you can accessorize with almost any other color.

I like to change up the look of my interior with curtain panels, pillows and throws as well as stuffed animals. I often match the interior theme on the exterior with tablecloths, salt and pepper shakers, and dishware.

Among my themes (all in progress) are South Pacific, 1950's, South of the Border, Red, White and Blue.

If you like to decorate you can have a ton of fun with some simple changes that don't cost a lot of money.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #9

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
i got the blue and we love it. you have to go with what you like though. we don't have to stay in it , you do.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #10

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
When we redid the interior of our Boler 1700 (all browns & oranges 1970's look!) we went to a few RV places and looked at what colours ("colors" in the US!) were in use and then selected up-to-date fabrics to make it look like a new one!

We were not concerned with "will this update a BOLER", but "will this update an RV"?
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #11

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
I have the dark green and do not like it, but then I don't like green anyway. It just seems so dark in the trailer. When I get in someone's with lighter color it looks bigger and lighter.

If you don't need the top bunk I would not get Scamp bunk cushions. I much prefer my Scamp with the back removed which gives the person sleeping a much wider area. Just go buy some foam and make a cover. Watch fabric store for sale, look for previous foam suggestions. I think I used 2 in higher density and topped that with 3" memory foam. Choosing foam is difficult. The Scamp foam is good density for sitting (sort of)' but is way too firm to sleep on.

Foam has gone up a lot since I made my bed (bottom bunk)

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #12

Name: Meghan
Trailer: '76 Scamp 13
Ohio
We placed an order with Scamp last week and requested fabric samples. I was surprised that they don't look anything like what's pictured on the website. I would describe the colors of the samples they sent as 'camel' (which could possibly be the same brown pictured on the website), 'dark brown', and 'grayish blue'. The green is not present, and appears to be replaced by a darker brown. The blue is darker. All three fabrics have the same texture pattern. If you look at the picture on the website, the blue and green have a different texture than the brown. These samples have the same texture as the brown.

I can take a picture tomorrow in the daylight and post it if you would find that helpful!
MeghanPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #13

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Too bad you don't have a shop nearby that can make custom cushions. Then you could pick out the density of foam and the fabric.... great flexibility. I'm sure Scamp's cushions are cheaper to start, but by the time shipping is added, who knows.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote