We picked up our 16' deluxe this October, and having spent over 25 nights in it already, and towed it over 5,000 miles, here's some comments/suggestions about options:
1. Include every possible light
fixture and electrical
outlet, inside and outside
2. Get all cabinets offered. The cabinets over the big bed restrict head room while sitting at the big dinette, but since we leave it set up as a bed and use the side dinette for sitting around, it's not a huge problem, but I'd have appreciated a "heads up" from the factory.
3. I wish we had known about the heat strip option in the AC. I may have opted for that.
4. Not sure we'd go for the 3 speed in and out fan along with the AC. Those two , plus the furnace
, make a lot of machinery dedicated to moving air around.
5. I really like the wheel fixture for the tongue jack. It makes it possible to jink the trailer around enough for hitching it up without too much precision backing. It's very convenient in my driveway.
6. The roof-mounted AC adds some weight
up high, which I suspect contributes to a small sway problem. It also makes the trailer pretty high, which adds to ferry fare here in Washington State. Doing it again, I'd consider other options for the AC location.
7. During the factory tour, I noticed there was another unit getting "above the belly band" tail lights
, and I was intrigued, especially after reading the remarks about visibility for high-hooded vehicles following too close.
8. The "D" shape door gasket also is intriguing, but the open cell gasket we got seems to work ok so far.
9. If there is an option for some sort of plastic toe kick cover on the door, I'd buy that in a second. The bottom foot of the rat fur on the door gets dirty, especially in wet climates.
10. We got the linoleum floor, and are delighted. It's much easier to keep clean and seems very attractive.
11. I don't know if they are options or not, but I added a small fire extinguisher and a grab bar in the door way; and my wife is making more colorful curtains as I type.
You are going to LOVE your new trailer!
(and I see I need to change my signature file)