Ordering new Scamp - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2015, 04:56 PM   #81

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Exciting time Ken! Someone mentioned to make sure you got the 54" bed. Just for clarification to anyone reading, it's standard on "Deluxe" (wooden interior) models. But now, it IS available on the Standard model Scamps as well.

I have the very small 44" bed in my standard 13'. We're smaller people but I still do NOT recommend this bed. Since the 54" is available, I think anyone not getting it (unless you're single) will regret it.

And also, IF you're getting the Fantastic fan, I highly recommend the "thermostat" control for it! I didnt get it and wish I had. On warm evenings turning to very cool or cold mornings, a thermostat would be nice to turn it off for ya.

I think they're putting a different brand of A/C on the new trailers, but I prefer my Coleman "Cub" model 9K Btu's; and I got the heat strip. I know there's pro's con's to the roof mount but one thing I HAVE learned from experience- with it in the roof, it takes up NO valuable floor, window OR cabinet space. The same goes with the heat strip-- no electric heater setting around in the floor unless you want it. I didnt and still wouldnt get the furnace. I've removed ALL propane and strictly all-electric (my preference). I can throw the tank back on there in about 10 min - and HAVE done it- if it's needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken in Pa View Post
Dave the production manager from Scamp called. They are starting our 16'deluxe this week .He needed to finalize our specs. All good.
Ken
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:01 AM   #82

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post
Exciting time Ken! Someone mentioned to make sure you got the 54" bed. Just for clarification to anyone reading, it's standard on "Deluxe" (wooden interior) models. But now, it IS available on the Standard model Scamps as well...

... but only on the 13' standard, not the 16' or 19' standard models, unless something has changed for 2015. That would be big news in these parts!

Head-to-heel is one way to make the small bed work better, but my wife is balking... so I'm waiting for a 16' side bath with the 54" bed. Of course, I could get a deluxe now, but I prefer the fiberglass interior. I'm not in a hurry.

Congratulations on your new Scamp, Ken!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:38 AM   #83

Name: Ken
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 16' deluxe 2008 FJ Cruiser
Pennsylvania
Thanks for all the good vibes. The 54" bed is a must for us. Funny thing we belong to Tearjerkers and also have a teardrop which has a 58" bed. LOL. Its going to be a longer winter waiting now.
Ken
Ken in Pa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp