Oregonian seeking info on DMV for Compact Jr - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-13-2007, 10:39 PM   #1
Member
 
Name: Yecats
Trailer: Compact Jr 1973
Oregon
Posts: 41
Hey Gang!

So, we are going to go get the Compact Jr registered etc.
We have never ever done this before!

So, I just read on the DMV website that our little tiny 12 foot CJ is considered a "travel trailer"
It says that the registration fee is $94.50 and its good for 2 years?
Is this right?

So- it should be straight forward to transfer the title from WA to OR?
We have it in our possession...it's free and clear and we have a bill of sale.

Do we have to tell them that we gutted it and are rebuilding it?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks tons!
__________________

__________________
Yecats 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:46 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Byron Kinnaman's Avatar
 
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Posts: 6,313
Registry
Quote:
Hey Gang!

So, we are going to go get the Compact Jr registered etc.
We have never ever done this before!

So, I just read on the DMV website that our little tiny 12 foot CJ is considered a "travel trailer"
It says that the registration fee is $94.50 and its good for 2 years?
Is this right?
The length is from the end of coupler to read bumper rounded up the next foot. If that is between 11 and 12 feet then the cost is correct. There'll also be a transfer fee and seems like something else. First time registration on my trailer was close to $200.

Quote:
So- it should be straight forward to transfer the title from WA to OR?
We have it in our possession...it's free and clear and we have a bill of sale.

Do we have to tell them that we gutted it and are rebuilding it?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks tons!
It shouldn't be a problem. Just take yourself and all the papers off to the DMV and don't forget your patience and your checkbook. won't help either.
__________________

__________________
Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:50 PM   #3
Member
 
Name: Yecats
Trailer: Compact Jr 1973
Oregon
Posts: 41
Quote:
The length is from the end of coupler to read bumper rounded up the next foot. If that is between 11 and 12 feet then the cost is correct. There'll also be a transfer fee and seems like something else. First time registration on my trailer was close to $200.
It shouldn't be a problem. Just take yourself and all the papers off to the DMV and don't forget your patience and your checkbook. won't help either.
Hmmm!!
LAME!
Thanks for the info...this really helps!

Wish that it were not so expensive, but that is the price we pay for FUN! eh?
__________________
Yecats 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:59 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Bobbie Mayer's Avatar
 
Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Posts: 3,236
Registry
Just be thankful you don't live in California.

Bobbie
__________________
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:03 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Byron Kinnaman's Avatar
 
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Posts: 6,313
Registry
Quote:
Hmmm!!
LAME!
Thanks for the info...this really helps!

Wish that it were not so expensive, but that is the price we pay for FUN! eh?
Look on the bright side and the fees for the big guys.
I guess it's really not too bad. At $50/year it a lot cheaper than many other things, like using the internet and cable TV (which I don't have). I have my trailer a couple months less than 2 years and made 35 trips and spent 76 nights in it. I think mine $105 per year, which is a bit over a $1.00 per night. 8,000 miles, not much per mile.

My thoughts when I first looked it up were like your's, a bit expensive. But I got over it.

Stop by A30 at Champoeg and say hi.
__________________
Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:05 PM   #6
Member
 
Name: Yecats
Trailer: Compact Jr 1973
Oregon
Posts: 41
Quote:
Look on the bright side and the fees for the big guys.
I guess it's really not too bad. At $50/year it a lot cheaper than many other things, like using the internet and cable TV (which I don't have). I have my trailer a couple months less than 2 years and made 35 trips and spent 76 nights in it. I think mine $105 per year, which is a bit over a $1.00 per night. 8,000 miles, not much per mile.

My thoughts when I first looked it up were like your's, a bit expensive. But I got over it.

Stop by A30 at Champoeg and say hi.
KEWL I like those statistics!
76 nights!
You must have a blast!
__________________
Yecats 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:06 PM   #7
Member
 
Name: Yecats
Trailer: Compact Jr 1973
Oregon
Posts: 41
Quote:
Just be thankful you don't live in California.

Bobbie

YEAH- I read about your saga!
CRAZY!

My folks are down there in their RV right now....
__________________
Yecats 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:22 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Bobbie Mayer's Avatar
 
Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Posts: 3,236
Registry
Quote:

YEAH- I read about your saga!
CRAZY!

My folks are down there in their RV right now....
The good thing about ours- once I finally get it- is that then it costs $10 every couple of years.

(If I ever get it.)
__________________
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Jeanne and Steve's Avatar
 
Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Posts: 454
Registry
Quote:
It shouldn't be a problem. Just take yourself and all the papers off to the DMV and don't forget your patience and your checkbook. won't help either.
When we registered our U-Haul the folks at Oregon DMV needed to actually see the trailer since it was being transferred from another state. They make sure the VIN number on the trailer and Title are the same.

Jeanne
__________________
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:36 AM   #10
Moderator
 
Gina D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Posts: 9,016
Registry
hmnnnn... I just paid mine up.

$51. (Not eligible for PTI)

Have we found the only thing cheaper here than in Oregon???
__________________

__________________
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Compact Jr. - History, Info, Original Interiors? John Truitt Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 26 05-01-2009 06:16 PM
Seeking recommendations HustonFamily Camping, Campout Reports 2 02-16-2009 10:09 PM
HI...seeking fiberglass camper in Il, IA, WI EJLydic Wanted: Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers 0 04-27-2006 09:03 AM
Seeking suggestions Legacy Posts Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 9 04-29-2003 01:24 PM
Oregonian seeking info on DMV for Compact Jr Compact Jr Stacey General Chat 0 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.