Ovens - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #21

Name: K
Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
California
We had an oven in our pop-up and I rarely used it. I found the propane RV oven to be very different than baking with a standard gas or electric oven.

When we camp with our almost-ours egg I might bring my Breville Smart Oven if we're going to have electricity.
HappyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #22

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
And there were some folks who thot my wife & I were a tad "strange' for liking the idea that our B/F 21 had the oven removed and a large built-in microwave installed in it s place!

We had our Boler 17 for about 10-12 years an never once lit the oven - I can say that I have NO CLUE how to light it, even we had wanted to! It got used as storage for bread, buns etc.
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:43 PM   #23
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Ovens

We use our oven every time we go out camping. Sometimes friends that we camp with that don't have ovens even use our oven. We still enjoy fresh baked breads, etc. when it is too rainy for a campfire and a dutch oven. I would rather give up my micro-wave it if was choice between the two appliances. I love my oven!

Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #24

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela H View Post
What about the camp chef oven? It is for outside, runs on propane. Looks pretty sweet for that outdoor kitchen. We love our other camp chef stuff.

Pam

Attachment 15909
thats what i'm getting for an outside stove and oven. bit pricy,,,but it should last the rest of my life.
meanwhile in our teardrop camper, i use a coleman stove and a coleman stove top oven. it folds up flat for storage and works surprisingly well .

another option for campfire cooking is a reflector oven. my boyscouts were pretty impressed when i cooked a frozen pizza on a camp out using a cardboard box and some tinfoil.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote