Painting Ensolite - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2003, 07:54 AM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
nice robin egg

Very nice job Herb. Is that a electrical fuse pannel under your seat corner?

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 11:02 AM   #22

That it is. I had some DC breakers kicking around and since I was rewiring the entire trailer, I decided to make it real organized. I took some aluminum and cut holes for the breakers; I sanded the aluminum with my palm sander and some 120grit paper to clean it up, then wiped it with some black tremclad on a rag to fill in the scratches left by the sand-paper, and finally sprayed it with tremclad clear. I put on some kitchen cupboard handles to act as guards to keep calves from inadvertantly flipping breakers.

The breakers control things like the main incoming power, cigarette-lighter outlet, propane/CO detectors, flo-jet water pump, lights, propane cutoff valve, fridge power (12V), and two aux outlets for later use.

It's probably overkill but it provided a nice clean way to distribute power centrally.

Old 07-08-2003, 12:16 PM   #23

Yes Stephen, ensolite is the finished surface of our Bolers, in place of the carpet in the Casita.

Old 07-08-2003, 11:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Orginally posted by Stephen Kutchko

It's sounding like ensolite is the finish surface inside of the campers. Is this a correct assumption?
Hi again, If you live in Berkeley and only use your trailer there in the summer then you probably have no need of insulation but if you were in a cooler climate and heated up your trailer a bit you would get condensation on the inside, hence the insulation...Benny