Pantry organization- how are you storing your food? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-28-2008, 10:03 AM   #15
Trailer: 2008 17 ft Escape B
What we do with our Boler is one of those shallow on wheels under the bed storagew things that the ends pop up on. I have a large tupperware container init so small stuff doesn't hide. This is for heavier items cans etc.

We keep our bed always up so it slides under there and we have a flap door so it will not roll out.
Small stuff coffee/tea/ etc is inside the coffeepot in the upper cupboard.

Spices etc are in a spice rack riveted to the wall above the sink.

Bread/ chips/ other "breakable/smushable" items including alcohol go in a small storage area that we have between our two dinette seats at the front.

I have shleves made in the closet that have plastic bins in them that slide out like drawers (but the are a bit large so you have to angle them a bit to get them out--also that means they shouldn't slidfe out easily if the door opens accidently) The drawers only go part way up then I have a nice lip on the top shelf where all the pots and pans kettle etc go...Right over the wheel so weight is not an issue there.
We each have an upper storage cabinet to keep all our clothes in.. Worl beautifully.

I take a LOT of stuff and there is very seldom anything riding in the actual small floor of the trailer when we are travelling. Waste water container, cookstove and outdoor table/ door mats all go under the bed and on top of our food container...

We just have a car and we put wood/chairs in the trunk and if we have our plug in cooler it goes in the back seat.....
I am always surprised how nice and neat everything is..

Those upper cabinets made a world of difference..

Doug & Anna-Marie P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:38 PM   #16
Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
We store most of our food in the upper cabinet over the gaucho seat. I found some very inexpensive Sterilite bins (8" x 11" x 4" high) at Target. Several bins can fit into the cabinet & I put labels on them so I don't have to pull each one out to see what's in it. The bread, canned goods & chips fit into the ends of the cabinet where it's too narrow for the bins.

We store extra bottled water & soft drinks under the seat & put a few at a time in the fridge.

We store dishes & spices in the kitchen cabinet.

I had to try 2 or 3 different ways to see which one worked best for me.

Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote