Park Liner questions - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-23-2013, 05:19 AM   #1

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Park Liner questions

You folks that have bought new Park Liners, do you get some sort of agreement or contract to look at before you put the deposit down?

Due to timing issues, we could click the lever in August for Spring 2014 pick-up, and have it paid by the end of 2013. Do they have room to store a completed trailer for 4 or 5 months? It doesn't look like it when I google their address and get a close-up aerial view. Or am I just better off sitting on my hands and start the process in January?

These look like high quality trailers, plus they're the closest manufacturer to us, only about 700 miles. Looking at some 2.0 ecoboost Escapes tomorrow night...

Thanks for any suggestions!

Frank

Old 07-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #2

Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
NY
Hi Frank, Probably some of your questions you will have to ask Chandler about, like if he can store one there etc. But any other questions about the trailer maybe I can help. I see you are from N.Y. and so am I, if you would like to look at one feel free to contact me via a p.m. Tim

Old 07-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Come to the Copake Rally Frank, Brian will be there with his Parkliner.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #4

New York
I'm planning on it Bob (or Mary), thanks. I also hope to go see Tim's sometime. But I do plan on being at Copake. Looking forward to it!

Frank
Old 07-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #5

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
I would suggest that try to read all the previous posting here about Park Liner, then ask Chandler any question that arise from the postings.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #6

New York
Excellent suggest Byron, thanks! I've been doing that, but boy, there is a lot of stuff there and I'm a busy guy. I don't imagine we'll send in a deposit and lock in a deal right away. I'm a planner and worrier by nature!

Frank
Old 10-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #7

Name: Betty Lou
Trailer: Ready to purchase.
Delaware
ParkLiner Question

Hi Frank. I can only report what our experience has been thus far with PL. My sister and I made the 7 hr trek down to ParkLiner Mid Sept. We made all our arrangements through Cameron Jones. Cameron is a knowledgable young man passionate about the Parkliner. At that time Sept 21 we sat down w/ Cameron and went over the options list. We were told that a Thanksgiving delivery date was realistic. Though we put down our 2,000 dollar deposit we did not get a receipt nor copy of our options sheet. I can not blame Cameron nor anyone at PL because we didn't ask either. I chalk it up to our being excited about our decision and how impressed were we with the PL layout documents receipt/paperwork wasn't even on the radar as went happily on our way. Fast forward to today's date things have changed a bit for us. By way of email with Cameron we needed to know how realistic a Thanksgiving delivery date was. Result is: we decided to be patient and put our PL on hold till after the first of the yr. I will say though that why we were sitting in their very humble office we were introduced to one of the PL techs as he was clocking out. We said , "have a nice weekend" and he said "thanks I will AFTER I am done work here". It than became clear that they are trying to make delivery dates by working Saturdays.

Frank and anyone else interested in PL company you might want to go to PL website and click on their Facebook link. There is a current article from N.C. paper where Chandler is interviewed. I personally found it to be a very good article. After reading it I was left with a deeper appreciation for Chandler and his small crew. He seems humble and sincere , that his strengths are more in the engineer , design, execution of design rather than business skills. That they are having staffing issues ( competency/skill related) when it comes to giving customers delivery dates. Frank , probably not what you wanted to hear nor is it the reality we wanted either. We figure though that it is all good b/c hopefully by our decision to wait we will be getting a "2nd generation" PL (my words NOT
theirs)... By waiting our PL will be one from the new/ revised finerglass mould and hopefully more of the kinks worked out. I applaud the PL owners who have skills and knowledge ( Deryk, Frank, Thom, Katie) to do any repairs or mods themselves. Very Best to everyone! BL and Bev (2 sisters)
Old 10-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #8

New York
I think you folks know we bought a 2012 model this past Saturday. It was totally our luck not to have to wait!

Frank
Old 10-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #9

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL Chiffons View Post
... At that time Sept 21 we sat down w/ Cameron and went over the options list. We were told that a Thanksgiving delivery date was realistic. ... It than became clear that they are trying to make delivery dates by working Saturdays.
With the current popularity and high demand for molded fiberglass trailers, it is not unusual for there to be a fairly lengthy backlog at the factory, and having to wait to get your trailer after your order is quite normal. Looks like Parkliners wait time is currently about 2-3 months. If you check Escape's production schedule, they are now at about 7 month backlog. Not sure how Scamp or Casita are doing.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #10

Name: Betty Lou
Trailer: Ready to purchase.
Delaware
Park Liner question

Thanks Ice-breaker Dave. Nice to know that long wait period for delivery is not uncommon in the fg industry.