Park Liner Support - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #21

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

i'll post this here since it is in the context of communication...

I had given our transporter (Roger) the PL contact info... Roger had a conversation with Cameron (PL Customer support & web guy) stating the trailer will be ready for pick up next Monday after 3pm.

Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #22

Name: Carol
Trailer: Undecided
Illinois
Wow, Thom! That speaks volumes about Chandler.

Donna, thanks for reminding me of the great support this web site is. Hopefully, after a few trips I'll be able to lend some support too. I'm SO glad I found this site!
Carol in Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #23

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Do you the customer arrange and deal with a transporter or does Parkliner? Was wondering if it was different than Escape where Tammy does it all for you. Thanks in advance.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #24

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol in Illinois View Post
Donna, thanks for reminding me of the great support this web site is. Hopefully, after a few trips I'll be able to lend some support too. I'm SO glad I found this site!
"Pay it Forward" Carol. That's what experience and knowledge is all about
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #25

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

Carol... Yes it does. IMO a real honest guy trying to make a dream come true for himself...and those who see the PL.

Ken, on delivery with PL... It is up to the customer to arrange. I'm hoping that my transporter hits it off with Chandler and he can be kept in the que as a contact for potential customers needing transportation out west and in between. I found him through uShip services and though i've not met him face to face, all our communique' have been prompt and courteous. This particular transporter happens to have a contract with a boat manufacturing facility in Oregon and he delivers their products country wide...so he is making frequent trips to the west coast. He has given me the ok to share his contact info with any shoppers. Just PM me when you are shopping and have a delivery date ( delivery date/season is a factor in pricing ).

Cheers,
Thom
Old 04-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #26

Astoria Oregon
Registry
A post delivery update...

I think that Cameron is getting more up to speed with helping customers. It dosn't take much time at all to get a reply from him (typically the same day). And he is in direct communication with Chandler. You can get a hold of either of them by sending email to InsertNameHereATparklinerDOTcom

For instance...there was a simple oversight during the send off of our #35...we had ordered an extra 2 yards of curtain fabric. It was left out of the rig...i emailed Cameron, and within a couple hours he sent an apology and stated the fabric would be sent out the next morning (which it was).

Overall i think Parkliner will come through these growing pains just fine, and i'm encouraged there is a waiting list...Chandler has put together a top notch product and as a proud owner I will do whatever possible as a satisfied customer to help out any who come this way.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #27

Illinois
I think you're right Thom. I placed a call last week and Cameron answered the phone! It was wonderful being able to have my questions answered, especially because I'm down to 2 weeks before pickup! Your baby looks so nice!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #28
DJO

Name: DJO
Trailer: Parkliner #40 something
Colorado
Registry
This thread has been very helpful. Thanks much. We will keep the faith. Hopefully we will find out soon when our camper will be ready. Got in touch with Roger who may be able to transport to Colorado.
DJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #29

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Happy to hear of your positive phone experience Carol...and hope all works out to your liking. 2 weeks? That will fly by.

It is hard for me to believe how many miles Roger must put on his rigs going back and forth. Following his adventures on his facebook page is wild! Best wishes on the future arrival DJO.

Thom
Old 04-22-2013, 05:59 AM   #30

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Quote:
I think you're right Thom. I placed a call last week and Cameron answered the phone! It was wonderful being able to have my questions answered, especially because I'm down to 2 weeks before pickup! Your baby looks so nice!
Have a wonderful and safe trip home with your new PL. How many days will you be on the road camping your way home?

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #31

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
Have a wonderful and safe trip home with your new PL. How many days will you be on the road camping your way home?
I'm taking the whole week to try her out. Will be spending most of the time at Army Corps of Engineers camp grounds. I'm just a tad bit excited at this point!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #32

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
A tad? You obviously have a gift for understatement. Upon, I believe, your suggestion, I purchased the Army Corps of Engineers campground book for my Kindle. What a great resource. I'm going to give them my business whenever possible. If Goose Point Campground is indicative of their other facilities, you will be well pleased. The power pedestals had connections for 50, 30, and 20 amp connections, so I really didn't have to bring any of my power adapters (although, I always carry them anyway.) The bathrooms were heated, clean and the showers were free! The campsites were level and easily navigated. If I had any complaint, it would be that the firewood they had for sale (on the honor system) was darn near fireproof! We created a lot of smoke, but little heat. Your experience may vary.
Have the wonderful experience that we are all wishing for you and report back, (hopefully with pictures.)

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #33

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
Have the wonderful experience that we are all wishing for you and report back, (hopefully with pictures.)
We'll do. The first 3 nights I plan to be at Goose Point. Happy to hear the good report from there!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #34

Illinois
Just thought I'd post an update to let you know there won't be any pictures of bringing a Park Liner home . To make a long story short, it wasn't ready when it was supposed to have been and they couldn't tell me when it would be ready. This, along with the issues that some were having with their units just made me realize I needed a company that could provide more support than Park Liner is currently able to do. Therefore, I cancelled my order and am now seriously considering an Escape. (And people thought NC was a long way to go for a trailer!)
Old 06-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #35

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I'm sorry Carol... that really sucks that they couldn't give you a date. Did they mention a reason why?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #36

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Well if your considering Escape you might want to make your mind up fast it looks like they have a del'v truck heading your way that has room for one more trailer for del'v in August.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #37

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
I'm sorry Carol... that really sucks that they couldn't give you a date. Did they mention a reason why?
Unfortunately, once again they just didn't respond. However, I have a lot of respect for Chandler because he did refund my deposit without a hassle. That says a lot and I just hope they can get the support thing resolved because they have a wonderful design.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #38

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Well if your considering Escape you might want to make your mind up fast it looks like they have a del'v truck heading your way that has room for one more trailer for del'v in August.
In my opinion, half the fun of getting a trailer will be camping your way home! Even if it is 2000+ miles! I want to take a look at one in person first. I just have to give up the camping plans I had for the summer. But that's okay. Hopefully next summer!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #39

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks for taking the time to update us Carol.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #40

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
In my opinion, half the fun of getting a trailer will be camping your way home! Even if it is 2000+ miles! I want to take a look at one in person first.
LOL it was for me as well. Given them a call and they may be able to set you up to view a trailer fairly close by you, as they have done for others.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner