Parking in a tight spot - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-24-2007, 06:04 PM   #15

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
If I win the lottery I may install a moving system by Truma or a similar U.S. system.
I assume you mean a Truma Caravan Mover... I think these sound like great systems, but I've never heard of a North American equivalent. Do you have a specific brand in mind, Per?

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:39 PM   #16

Name: Per
Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft Widebody towed by Touareg TDI
Oregon
Registry
Brian: If I recall it correctly, a search for Powerwheel-usa will get you to one. Check the Power-touch item. The main thing is the independent control of each wheel and that the traction is as good as it gets. As in the Truma version you can get real precision control from a remote.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:19 AM   #17

Name: Ron
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Iowa
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
How about purchasing one of the trailer dollies that mounts to the front tongue "jack" of the trailer. They have a long handle that allows you to move and steer the trailer to where you want it. You'd need to be on a fairly level, hard surface to use this dollie but it's certainly an option. Ron
Old 10-25-2007, 01:49 PM   #18

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Thanks, Per
The Powrtouch Trailer Mover from Power Wheel USA is the U.S. version of a European product. I think that this would be a great system to have - too bad the only available model is much larger (and thus heavier and presumably more expensive) than necessary for most of us... it's a lot of money and a significant weight.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #19

Trailer: 17 ft Casita
I would love to have a POWER HITCH, But $1500.00 plus is a little much to push around a little old Casita. So I just ordered the Harbour Freight 12V ELECTRIC WINCH ( PART # 43331-5vga AND the their TRAILER DOLLY WITH ALL-TERRANIN TIRES. Will report back on this thread after I have it all together and working (I HOPE)......
Old 11-23-2007, 02:55 PM   #20

Trailer: 17 ft Casita
Quote:
I just ordered the Harbour Freight 12V ELECTRIC WINCH ( PART # 43331-5vga AND the their TRAILER DOLLY WITH ALL-TERRANIN TIRES. Will report back on this thread after I have it all together and working (I HOPE)......
UPDATE: Just used my new 12volt Winch and Trailer Dolly (named in above quote) for the 1st time.
It worked well above my expectations. I was able to back my 17ft. Casita into a gravel space with lesst that 6 inches on each side, by myself. I just pulled it back a few feet then walked to the front and adjusted the direction of the traler dolly. It took a little while but all went well. With two people it will be a dream, and now I don't have to worry about backing into my Gas meter which is very close to where the trailer goes!!!!