ParkLiner - flushing antifreeze? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2014, 06:49 AM   #1

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
ParkLiner - flushing antifreeze?

Seeing the ParkLiner combines their grey and black water into one tank, I assume I have to be attached to a waste dump and a water hose to flush the antifreeze?

I have had very little experience with this stuff. I can put up and take down a tent like a pro, but this trailer stuff (other than axles, electrical, fabrication, etc.) is sometime befuddling!

Thanks in advance for any help suggestions, guidance, offers to come over and help, etc...

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #2

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
technically yes....bleh! Glad I got a porta potty!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #3

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
RV antifreeze is non-toxic, so waste dump is not required.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #4

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
technically yes....bleh! Glad I got a porta potty!
After asking this, I thought, I should just take it to a dump staion first, dump anything in there, then come home and flush it, unless there's a hose at the dump station.

Busy as heck today and tomorrow, trying to get a grant app done so I can fly Friday!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 06-11-2014, 10:36 AM   #5

New Jersey
Registry
Huck, if the toilet is dumping into the grey water tank then you would need to dump it at a dump station....I don't think the neighbors would like you hosing out and dumping a blackwater tank in your driveway.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 06-11-2014, 10:43 AM   #6

New York
What I'm gonna do is flush this thing when we get to the state park Friday. I think that is the easiest way to do it. They have a hose available, so we should be good. Sorry to get everybody going!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 06-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #7

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
You're sort of touching on a minor annoyance for me. Dump stations sometimes have those 90 degree fittings on the rinse hose. I carry a pair of adjustable wrenches readily to hand so that I can remove it and attach my dedicated coil hose to the end, and feed it through the bath window to rinse. It's almost never long enough to reach the toilet without the extra hose. Some don't have a fitting at all and I'm reduced to ferrying tubs of water around the trailer and into the toilet.

My last trip, the dump station had some sort of PVC pipe stuck up through the dump hole (not even threaded) so you couldn't put the end of the stinky slinky into the hole. So I moved the trailer to the other island, and that one didn't have a working rinse hose. Arrgh!
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #8

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Huck, if the toilet is dumping into the grey water tank then you would need to dump it at a dump station....I don't think the neighbors would like you hosing out and dumping a blackwater tank in your driveway.
I thought he meant the trailer was winterized and he needed to flush the antifreeze before using it. Shouldn't be anything in the tank except water and antifreeze.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:22 PM   #9

New Jersey
Registry
As soon as waste has entered the grey water tank I wouldn't want to dump it in my driveway

Tags
parkliner